- I can’t believe Donald Trump’s speech to introduce his wife was so short, I would have certainly taken the over. It was so short, I’m wondering why even bother, especially if a presumptive nominee has never spoken on the first night. But then again, Trump is unconventional.
- Mrs. Trump’s small impersonation of her husband gave me a chuckle. She speaks five languages: Slovenian, English, French, Serbian and German. And many thought her speech was strikingly similar to Michelle Obama’s speech eight years ago.
- I felt sorrow looking at Senator Bob Dole yesterday, they literally propped him up last night. I guess he’s the closest thing to a former president or statesman, or just the most respected person, at the convention.
Edit: Correction, there was a former president in the audience.
- Hypercriticism exists on all sides of politics, and everyone is entitled to change their opinion, but it wasn’t too long ago many Trump supporters were knocking Obama’s “elitism”.
- Anyone got an answer?
- On last night’s ‘CBS Evening News’, correspondent Major Garrett was talking about Melania Trump’s upcoming convention speech and stated she was Trump’s third wife. Part of me thinks there was no need to include the detail that she is his third wife, something almost everyone knows. I don’t necessarily think it was biased reporting, just something noticeable. I’m not sure Nancy Reagan was referenced as “Reagan’s second wife, Nancy” at the 1980 convention, but then again, I wasn’t even five. That’s a little bit of presidential trivia for ya, Reagan is the only U.S. president to be divorced.
- I suppose it’s tradition for Texas Republican delegates to wear cowboy hats and a dress shirt which resembles the state flag at every convention. Part of me thinks it’s good fun, another part of me worries about the stereotype, and another part makes me think they all want to be Big Tex.
- Obama has issued a record 69 proclamations lowering flags at federal buildings, according to a count kept by USA Today.
- Last night on Colbert, Jon Stewart made a surprise appearance, and then so did Colbert’s old character. The regular Colbert then teased Stewart would make another appearance this week during his live shows.
- Yesterday, Gordon Keith of The TICKET stated the hands of seated statue of Abraham Lincoln at the Lincoln Memorial were making an “A” and “L” in sign language. Per the National Park Service website, that is a myth. You can find other links they debunk about the Lincoln Memorial on that website. Here’s another myth:
- Some assume the 57 steps leading to the chamber equal his age at his death; however, Lincoln was just 56 years old when he was killed in April 1865. There is no significance to the number of steps.
- Netflix stock price tanks as customers quit over higher prices
- On another TICKET note, I recall Corby stating the price increase would not have any effect on customer retention.
- Game of Thrones: HBO announces summer return, 7 episodes
- An interactive Game of Thrones map
- I like how you can click on a character and it shows you the path they have traveled per episode. It was quite surprising to see how far Samwell has traveled, had no idea it was that long of a journey. It was also neat to see how much ground and sea Daenerys and Tyrion have covered.
- While looking for a new breakfast place to try out, I found this old D Magazine article which states the Dream Cafe is a favorite of Bono’s. I wonder if he just happened to wonder in there once and by word of mouth, it’s turned to it becoming one of his favorites. But then again, I head that U2 occasionally eats at Snuffers when in town.
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
- Judge for yourself – Best paper airplane ever
- The best emulators for old-school gaming
- CBS Sports – Baylor’s relationship with the Big 12 is strained, potentially beyond repair
- It was revealed Monday that Baylor officials had flown to Indianapolis to meet with the NCAA months ago to basically throw themselves on the mercy of the court, according to Garland.
- Star Wars director Rian Johnson confirmed the next film will begin right where the last one left off. If this is literally true, there wouldn’t be a need for the traditional story crawl at the beginning of each film.
- I’ve got a sore throat and body aches and just want to lie down.
- Black Lives Matter protest in Wichita changed to cookout with police
- I’m not posting this video in support or against anything, I just know Don Lemon didn’t expect to lose control of it.