- Yesterday I mentioned that ‘Supergirl’ has David Harewood playing a stingy government official and used to be in ‘Homeland’. Yesterday I learned the actress that plays Supergirl has a memorable nude scene in ‘Homeland’. Though it doesn’t bother me, I’m surprised CBS would cast someone that has appeared nude on screen for a character who is supposed to have a wholesome image and set to be a positive influence on young girls.
- I’m really amazed at how much Rick Carlisle has lightened up over the years. He used to be so grumpy he’d come off as a jerk, especially on The TICKET. He still has an edge to him, but it’s nice to hear him actually joke around with Norm and Donny. Carlisle really won me over when he attended a 30-year-old fan’s funeral. There are talks he’ll sign an extension with the Mavs, which surprises me. He’s a great coach our city is lucky to have, but it has to frustrate him to no end with the roster he gets every year.
- The Exemplary Narcissism of Snoopy – Some of Charles Schulz’s fans blame the cartoon dog for ruining Peanuts. Here’s why they’re wrong.
- Dallas Morning News – I lost any sense of journalistic detachment when Patti Stevens mentioned me in her suicide note
- FiveThirtyEight – The Endorsement Primary – In presidential primaries, endorsements have been among the best predictors of which candidates will succeed and which will fail. So we’re keeping track.
- Why do Norwegians use ‘texas’ to mean ‘crazy’? – Norwegians use the word “texas” as slang to mean crazy, it has emerged. But when did this start happening, and how unusual is it?
- Popular Science – Scientists Map The Parts of the Body Where Touching is Okay and Awkwardly Outline The Taboo Zones
- ‘Fargo’ is one solid show, they sure know how to build tension in a scene.
- Google has something called the Frightgeist that tells you what the most popular Halloween costumes are near you.
- Confessions of a Grand Juror – Ten days in a room with 22 other jurors. What could possibly go wrong?
- How Microsoft and ThyssenKrupp’s Elevator Tech Saves Office Workers Years of Waiting
Looking For Something?
Recently Came From