Bag of Randomness


  • The United States will open an embassy in Cuba and restore diplomatic relations?!  The next thing you know we’ll have a military base over there.
  • Yes, I know we already have a military base in Cuba.
  • I was pretty surprised at how quickly CBS News got Scott Pelley to Havana yesterday.  I wonder if he got some inside info to get there so fast, or when he woke up, didn’t have any idea he’d be in Cuba later that day.
  • After the fall of Saigon my mother immigrated to the U.S. with my father.  During the embargo, she only visited her homeland once and was heartbroken at the living conditions.  When the embargo was lifted, she shed tears of joy because even though the government she hated would benefit, her family and all Vietnamese would benefit even more and have a better quality of life.  Although my knowledge of Cuban and U.S. relations is paltry, I’m looking at it from the point of view of my mother and her homeland when the embargo was lifted.
  • Congress will end up supporting a renewed relationship with Cuba because corporations control Congress, and there’s there’s too much money to be made in Cuba by U.S. corporations.  Soon oil companies will be drilling off their coast, Starbucks and McDonalds will be on every corner, and FedEx and UPS will be delivering packages to Havana that were ordered by their citizens on mobile devices that are connected to wireless networks set up by AT&T.  And perhaps next year the hot Christmas gift for U.S. men will be Cuban cigars.
  • To sum up my thoughts:
  • B5GjmNMCIAAY4CNI’m waiting for the ‘South Park’ creators to create an episode about this whole North Korea and Sony scenario, or at least create a Team America sequel.
  • Speaking of Team America, since they aren’t going to be able to screen The Interview, the Alamo Draft House will instead show Team America.
  • Romney: Release ‘The Interview’ for free online
  • I link to Playboy for the articles – Every Episode of Every ‘Star Trek’ Series Ever, Ranked
  • ‘The Colbert Report’s’ First Head Writer Remembers the Show’s Early Days and the Correspondents’ Dinner
  • The Dallas Morning News has launched The Hungry Games – a fight to declare the most popular chain restaurant in all the land.
  • A winning record also helps the bottom line – Cowboys now most valuable U.S. sports franchise
  • Remember that Toronto man that bought airfare for a global adventure with his girlfriend only to break up with her, and then went to the Internet to find another girl with the same name to go on the trip so the tickets wouldn’t go to waste?  It turns out 18 girls with the same name contacted him, and he ended up choosing a cute 23-year-old, but she already has a boyfriend.
  • There’s some strange people in this world, but thankfully the dog gets to liveAn Indiana woman who couldn’t live without her dog drew up a very controversial will. When Connie Lay recently passed away, her attorney revealed her German Shepherd ‘Bella’ would be put down so her ashes could be mixed in with her owners.
  • Law Enforcement Is the Fattest Profession, Study Finds
  • Like many others, I thought that when people lost weight, fat got “burned” off by being converted into heat and energy and some of it turned into muscle.  It turns out you actually BREATHE out 84% of that fat and the other 16% of fat escapes your body in the form of water (in your sweat, pee, breath and so on).
  • ‘Survivor’ changed the format on their season finale by airing segments and then going to Jeff in a live studio.  But the final reward was what I liked best, the winner got a chance to practice the final immunity challenge alone before the others even knew what the challenge was.
  • Today’s dose of ‘MURICA!
  • The Navy now has an underwater shark drone.
  • Tomorrow’s just your future yesterday.
This entry was posted in Personal. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Bag of Randomness

  1. RPM says:

    Cuba will be a vacation paradise until Harrah's, Hard Rock Cafe and Margaritaville get their hands on it. Jay Leno and the Fast & Loud guy are probably already there scouting for cars.

Comments are closed.