Bag of Randomness
- Nothing like coming home and finding the dogs had a bad case of diarrhea on the new carpet.
- An interesting fact I did not know – The Constitution does not require the Speaker to be a Member of the House.
- I bet if you add up all of Jason Witten’s false start penalties they are either close to or have beaten Flozell Adams’.
- Who would have thought coming into the game that Dez Bryant would have a better game than Witten.
- Maybe next year, Jon Hamm.
- Parenting is hard, and it ‘s one of those things that you just don’t understand until you actually go through it. But I hear it usually pays off.
- WifeGeeding is an amazing mother, and most of the time, doesn’t even break a sweat.
- Since the presidential debates are near, I decided to crack open a book that’s been sitting on my bookshelf, Tension City: Inside the Presidential Debates by Jim Lehrer. For those of you that are unaware, Lehrer is an old Dallas product that has moderated 11 presidential debates, and has been given the moniker of “Dean of Moderators”. He’ll be moderating the first debate between Romney and Obama on Wednesday October 3, 2012 at the University of Denver.
- The book mainly focuses on interviews of the participants going back to the 70’s, but only three weren’t part of any post debate interviews – Al Gore, Ross Perot, and Lloyd Bentson. Bentson was too ill recovering from a stroke when asked to be interviewed, Gore and Perot just didn’t want to be a part of it.
- There have been a total of 35 nationally televised presidential and vice-presidential debates.
- Lehrer’s first presidential debate to moderate was between GHW Bush and Dukakis, along with the late Peter Jennings of ABC News and a few others. Jennings wanted to try something new and actually ignore the agreed upon rules between the candidates and the Commission on Presidential Debates, and have Bush and Dukakis take on each other directly with no time limits on questions, answers, or anything else. Lehrer rejected because it would be dishonorable and his word was on the line, so it never happened. But man, the thought of that kind of format back then and even today would be fascinating.
- I’m afraid that before I die, I’ll see some Texas high school girl wearing a mum with an LCD screen attached.
- October is just around the corner, which means we’ll get a month of NFL players wearing pink. When you think about it, a quarter of NFL regular season game will have players wearing pink. Can we just dedicate a week? I get it, breast cancer affects a lot of folks, but there are other cancers and causes out there.
- Silly me, I didn’t know ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ was on top of what would become Rockefeller Center and was just a PR stunt..
- This doesn’t help the Catholic church – Probe launched into Polish priest who gets young children to lick whipped cream off his knee in creepy school initiation
- Why British police don’t have guns
- Mexican Government to Honor Bono for Humanitarian Work
- “What no man can own, no man can take . . . Take this heart, and make it break.”
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink