Bag of Randomness
- A blue moon hasn’t happened in two years, but you can see one tonight. And tonight just happens to be Neil Armstrong’s funeral.
- Remember, a blue moon doesn’t mean it will actually be blue, just that two full moons have happened in the same month.
- Baylor’s first game of the season will be played on Sunday . . . next thing you know they’ll dance in the endzone after scoring a touchdown.
- As you all know, I’m no fan of Baylor, but I did get a large insulated Baylor drinking cup for my birthday yesterday.
- Yup, yesterday was my birthday, and WifeGeeding made sure it was mentioned on my favorite segment on my favorite radio station. Thanks to all of you that sent me a text or emailed after hearing my name on the air. Heck, she even plugged this website. And thanks to Paul of Fort Worth that sent me the audio recording which you can hear here: texted [audio:http://www.bagofnothing.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/WTDSAug30BoN.mp3]
- Just an observation from this year’s Republican National Convention and their candidate . . . It seems that in past years you see the candidate’s name plastered all over the place. During the last three elections, you saw a plethora of signs/shirts/stickers that said “Bush” or “W” or “Dole” . . . but this year I’m not seeing a lot of Romney stuff, just “GOP” or “Republican”.
- Something that could have easily gone unnoticed but was reported by ABC News, the convention state was rebuilt for Romney’s speech to move him closer to the crowd.
- I thought it was smart for the Republicans to get a surprise star to speak at the convention, but you don’t want to overshadow the nominee, especially on the night he’s accepting the nomination. I think Eastwood is going to get all the news attention.
- Eastwood was the wrong star to speak if the GOP wants to entice young voters. He looked like the run of the mill old Republican, except one that was lost and stuttering to an empty chair. At certain points I wondered if Eastwood really thought Obama was there, or if he thought there was a green screen behind him. But hey, if they wanted unscripted . . . they got it.
- What is it with political active Republicans and primates? Reagan was in Bedtime for Bonzo, Eastwood was in Every Which Way but Loose, and Charlton Heston starred in Planet of the Apes.
- Ted Cruz could eat live kittens at every appearance and he would still win the Senate race in Texas.
- ‘Honey Boo Boo’ Ratings Top the Republican National Convention
- I like Scott Pelley’s interviewing style, and how he was trying to keep candidates like Paul Ryan accountable for his words.
- Michael Douglas may play Ronald Reagan in an upcoming movie.
- It’s great to see Mike Leach back in football.
- Intel has a new chip that will allow your cellphone to be charged wirelessly if you simply place your phone extremely close to your ultrabook.
- Free app lets parents create iPad games for their young kids
- The other day I pondered where Indians, as a majority, lean regarding politics and stated how two governors are of Indian descent. I recently learned the maker of that popular anti-Obama movie is an Indian, or South Asian if you prefer.
- Donkey Kills Texas Mayor
- Watch Wal-Mart take over America
- Ranking the Big 12 football stadiums
- Hello, three-day weekend.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink