Bag of Randomness
- You can now buy a motorcycle leather suit and look like Batman, but without the cape.
- Twitter has a new political index: http://election.twitter.com/
- I didn’t know that pictures actually exist of Lincoln at Gettysburg right before he gave that famous speech.
- I avoided eating at Chick-fil-A yesterday because of the crowds and I didn’t want to be associated with a movement. Truth be told, no one would ever be able to purchase any goods or services and stand on moral ground if one were to dig deep enough into any company.
- I did drive past our Chick-fil-A on the way to a store yesterday and it was pretty packed, and I noticed a few peaceful protesters outside. Well, I assume they were peaceful as they were just standing in silence holding non-offensive pro-homosexual messages on poster board as they were being yelled at by people with ichthuses on their cars. But one could only tell so much while waiting for a stop light to change to green.
- WifeGeeding pointed this American Jesus blog post out to me, and I think it best sums up my feelings about the whole Chick-fil-A story. I have a feeling most of you won’t take the time to read the entire post, but here’s the heart of it:
For me, “shoving it in their face”just doesn’t seem like the response of the Jesus who said “turn the other cheek.” Even if you disagree vehemently with homosexuality and gay marriage, the response Jesus expects from you towards them and those that would decry your position is clear: love them. Frankly, Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day just doesn’t seem very loving to me. It seems a lot more like a battle to prove who’s right and who’s wrong.
- The Chick-fil-A ‘controversy’ from an non-Christian point of view?
- A Chick-fil-A store breaks with founder to sponsor LGBT Pride
- Chick-Fil-A’s perception with fast food eaters nationwide has taken a significant hit in most regions of the US, including the South
- Watch A Smart Car Lead Texas Police On The World’s Most Adorable Police Chase
- Your house might be too large if your wife dies and isn’t found for two months.
- Per this article, Tea Party activists are trained in Dallas.
- Jay-Z is putting together the soundtrack for the basketball video game ‘NBA 2K13’ and threw a little U2.
- River Phoenix’s last film will finally be released late this year, here’s the trailer.
- Let’s hope nothing goes wrong – The NASA Mars mission will be broadcast at Times Square on Aug 6.
- ‘Citizen Kane’ no longer tops ‘Sight & Sound’ poll of the greatest films ever made
- In this interview I think, the original Catwoman, Julie Newmar, had her legs spread open the entire time.
- While in a sporting goods store yesterday evening I turned my back for a moment and saw that GirlGeeding was ready for football season as she did that totally on her own.
- My father would have turned 89 today.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink