A bonnet dryer saved a German grandmother from serious injury or worse when the ceiling of the salon where she was having her hair done collapsed, the Bild daily reported Friday.
“At first I didn’t realise what was happening. You can’t hear a thing under the bonnet,” said Karin Koellner, 72, from Gladbeck in western Germany. “Then bits of the ceiling broke off. But the dryer worked like a protective helmet.”
WifeGeeding informed me that these devices use to be available in her mother’s dorm when she was in college. I wonder if that was commonplace in all women’s dorms or because she went to a private school. I’m actually bewildered by this thought.