- Vic Gundotra is a senior VP at Google. He once got a phone call from Steve Jobs while at church who informed him that he wasn’t happy with how the Google logo was displaying on the iPhone.
“So Vic, we have an urgent issue, one that I need addressed right away. I’ve already assigned someone from my team to help you, and I hope you can fix this tomorrow” said Steve.
“I’ve been looking at the Google logo on the iPhone and I’m not happy with the icon. The second O in Google doesn’t have the right yellow gradient. It’s just wrong and I’m going to have Greg fix it tomorrow. Is that okay with you?”
Of course this was okay with me. A few minutes later on that Sunday I received an email from Steve with the subject “Icon Ambulance”. The email directed me to work with Greg Christie to fix the icon.
- I was told that celebrity Kevin Smith mentioned this website on his podcast yesterday (strong language, mature content warning for your sensitive folks). I haven’t listened to it as of yet to confirm, but that would be pretty cool. I am interested in watching his latest film Red State.
- I wasn’t aware that Jesus not only visited Japan but is actually buried there.
- Astronomers think they may have discovered a planet that is one large diamond.
- Rednecks for Obama
- Mark and Donnie Wahlberg Opening Restaurant Called Wahlburgers – I have to admit, I like the name.
- I bet a lot of parents are happy the school year has started. As a kid, I never felt the school year was in full gear until the playoffs in baseball started.
- It’s kind of hard to believe that high school football starts tomorrow. For the past five or so years I’ve said I was going to watch a game, only never making the time to do so.
- The Rangers sure are trying to keep things dramatic with this pennant race.
- I’m lucky to have good health insurance. I visited the doctor yesterday because my stomach is still ill from the Chicago trip, and my two prescriptions cost only $0.61. I had horrible health insurance at my last place of employment, but at least I still had insurance.
- I got in an email conversation with one of my readers about the culture of Japan. I thought of him when I watching this old video of a Japanese airline CEO cut his pay to be lower than his pilots and got rid of almost all his perks.
- Illinois college becomes first to ask undergrads if they’re gay
- For every dollar spent on a China-made item, 55 cents go to U.S. businesses for services such as marketing and sales. USA Today
- The best way to capture Gadhafi is for the rebel forces to have a bunch of folks in Condi Rice costumes.