Bag of Randomness
- I watched Real Sports on HBO last night about how college players don’t get any financial compensation. At one point it was mentioned that all men basketball players all across the country were going to protest by just sitting at mid-court. That would have been a sight to see.
- Former college coach Rich Rodriguez was on the round table panel. The entire time I kept thinking he better watch what he says if he ever wants to coach again.
- I’m not a big fan of how the NCAA can profit out of the likeness of players in video games.
- As of right now, college players may get a full ride scholarship, but they aren’t allowed to work a part time job, which means they don’t have any spending money to buy clothes or go on a date or whatever. If big programs make big money, then I think those programs can afford to give the players what a student worker would earn working 10-20 hours.
- But at the same time, it’s hard for me to have sorry for anyone getting tuition and room and board payed for. For instance, if a high school senior gets a full ride at Oklahoma, you are looking at tuition of almost $14,000 a semester. So even though they may not get any spending money, at the end of four years, they get an education worth over $110,000 and can enter the workforce with a college diploma.
- I got the $110,000 figure by taking the $14,000 and multiplying it by eight semesters (four years of college).
- There are a lot of hot sports opinions about that topic.
- Former Texas basketball head coach was on the show and looked to be in poor health.
- I had another attic insulation come out for a quote and they came in under a grand that the previous company, and instead of paint/coating they were going to install the radiant barrier foil. I think I’ll have one more come out for a quote before I pull the trigger, probably the company my friend Andy recommended.
- Interesting casting – Bill Murray will play FDR
- My home town paper reports that a 16-year-old was arrested at the high school for trying to pass a forged $20 bill in the cafeteria.
- The Wonder Woman costume has been updated after negative fan reaction.
- A gown made out of children’s Golden Books
- Survey: Recession’s effects fading for some churches
- For the fans of ‘Breaking Bad’
- Obama has his own computer
- Star Wars Welsh Corgis
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink