- You have to take this trip down memory lane and see these pictures taken inside a shopping mall back in the summer of 1990. It’s hard to believe for some folks, but you use to be able to smoke inside such a place.
- SisterGeeding works with the Fish Butcher
- Unlikely Musical Collaborations That Worked – U2 makes the list, but the most obvious is Run DMC and Aerosmith.
- Care to guess what’s the fastest growing U.S. church? This group is growing 75% faster than the Mormon faith.
- Remember that Times Square video hack video I posted this week? Turns out it’s a marketing campaign for a movie.
- Last night on 30 Rock I couldn’t help but think of my Favorite East Coast Pastor when the Princeton fight song was sung.
- I’m scared to blog – New York man faces five years in jail for linking to online videos
- Interesting idea: Wireless Luggage Finder – A patented electronic luggage tag features a built-in wireless transmitter and wireless key chain recognition device. While you wait at baggage claim, your key chain will sound, flash, and vibrate once your suitcase is within 20 meters!
- A nice way to keep up with the news in NYC, Chicago, or LA.
- Interesting megacurch stats: half of them are nondenominational, 16% are in the LA area while 7% are in Dallas and 7% are in Houston.
- The shooting location of TNT’s remake of Dallas will be made in all places . . . Dallas.
- Eugene Peterson was recently interviewed about endorsing the new Rob Bell book that many in the church world are upset about. But I like what he had to say here:
Rob Bell and anyone else who is baptized is my brother or my sister. We have different ways of looking at things, but we are all a part of the kingdom of God. And I don’t think that brothers and sisters in the kingdom of God should fight. I think that’s bad family manners.
I don’t agree with everything Rob Bell says. But I think they’re worth saying. I think he puts a voice into the whole evangelical world which, if people will listen to it, will put you on your guard against judging people too quickly, making rapid dogmatic judgments on people. I don’t like it when people use hell and the wrath of God as weaponry against one another.
I knew that people would jump on me for writing the endorsement. I wrote the endorsement because I would like people to listen to him. He may not be right. But he’s doing something worth doing. There’s so much polarization in the evangelical church that it’s a true scandal. We’ve got to learn how to talk to each other and listen to each other in a civil way.