- The Mint is responsible for producing military medals (such as the Silver and Bronze Stars, the Purple Heart and the Navy Cross) as well as the Congressional Medals.
- â€œIn God We Trustâ€ was first put on coins in the Civil War but didnâ€™t make it onto all coins until 1955.
- â€œE Pluribus Unumâ€ was first used in 1795. â€œE Pluribus Unumâ€ means â€œOne from Many,â€ one country from many states.
- The lifespan of a coin is thirty years, the lifespan of a bill is a mere 18 months.
- The ink used to print the bills are magnetic and so vending machines use that as one of the means of detecting whether a bill is legitimate.