That’s right, U2 went 5 for 5. They won a total of 5 Grammy Awards last night.
- Album of the Year: “How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb,” U2.
- Song of the Year: “Sometimes You Can’t Make It on Your Own,” U2
- Rock Album: “How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb,” U2.
- Rock Performance by a Duo or Group With Vocal: “Sometimes You Can’t Make It on Your Own,” U2.
- Rock Song: “City of Blinding Lights, U2, (U2).
That’s a total of 22 for their career.
I would probably rate the performance a very strong B+. But you have to hand it to them, they don’t lip-synch and they give it their all.
One with Mary J was interesting. It was good and all, but I tend to think that she over sings at times. There was one moment when she was trying to grab Bono’s hand, and it looked like Bono was trying to pull his hand away so he can play the guitar. What I really really liked about the performance was the word ‘One’ being displayed in numerous languages during the performance.
And if you haven’t seen my U2 Vertigo concert pics, just click here.