- I’m so happy I watched Dirk’s last game and especially glad I watched the post-game ceremony. Holy cow, Mark Cuban really knows how to honor a guy. Scottie Pippen, Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, Detlef Schrempf and Shawn Kemp, each of whom Nowitzki called his personal player influences were surprise guests. Larry Bird never does this sort of stuff.
- Dirk is so loved by this city. We were fortunate to watch him grow before our eyes, fight through defeats and setbacks, and celebrate the triumphs. The man could have easily left for another team, but chose to stay here and play for less money. Not only that, he gives back to the city in many ways. Charity, as you’d expect, but you find him rooting for all our local and Texas sports teams. And now, he’s going to make Dallas his home and proclaims himself a Texan. It was fun celebrating him and to see him celebrate us.
- It was fun watching the Mavs play last night, seeing all the local celebrities be a part of it. I’m a little surprised former President George W. Bush wasn’t in attendance, but then again, I don’t recall him ever being present for any games at the American Airlines Center – he’s more of a Rangers and Cowboys fan. Oh, and occasional SMU basketball fan. But at least he made a video tribute.
- I only want Dirk to play one more year, at least one game next year, for the sole reason that he wouldn’t have to go into the Basketball Hall of Fame with D Wade at his side.
- I’m not a fan of lemon wedges in any of my drinks. Back in the day, I used to specifically request wait staff to not give me one because I didn’t to be wasteful, but now WifeGeeding will snag it and put it in her drink.
- WifeGeeding received a text from our new pastor’s wife (the pastor doesn’t have a new wife, we have a new pastor who is married) late Sunday afternoon inviting us to dinner at a local BBQ joint where kids eat free on Sundays. They have three kids close to the ages of our kids, and she said it was a last minute sort of thing so don’t feel any pressure if we can’t make it. Usually, I’m a bit suspect when it comes to these sort of invites (remember, I’m a cynic). In similar past experiences, I’ve discovered an ulterior motive. For instance, there was a time some church friends invited us for dinner in which we thought they wanted to get to know us better but their real intent was to ask for money for an upcoming mission trip overseas. But, that wasn’t the case this time. All they wanted to do was spend some time together getting to know us and for our kids to play with each other, no asking us to volunteer or take part in something. They are new to the area and living in an apartment and I’m sure they just wanted to feel like a normal or ordinary family. I did my best not to bring up church-related stuff. Sure, the church is his is life and he’s my pastor, but I wanted him to feel like I was trying to get to know him as a person and as a friend. Usually, I fear interaction with other humans, but it was actually nice to step outside of my comfort zone and get to know someone new.
- I’m so glad I got out of high school before promposals became a thing.
- During a routine medical visit last week, it was revealed to WifeGeeding that she has a cyst on one of her ovaries. The doctor isn’t concerned (and neither are we) but she’s scheduled for a sonogram as a precaution.
- I’m looking forward to watching this – Former Dunbar player ready to show his documentary about the legendary Robert Hughes
- Despite living in Texas all of my and growing up in a small rural town, I still get annoyed when I see cowboy hats worn indoors. Lately, it has really bugged me when I see law enforcement representatives wearing them inside the White House.
- We have Hamilton tickets for a performance later this month.
- GW: Theta.
- Jason A: Reading this a day late but wanted to comment… You freaked me out a bit with the insurance bullet...
- Geeding: First, I want a cake baked. Second, I’d like the kids to give some to the neighbors. If I was a...
- AndreaJN: What on earth did you do with 60 eggs!? HA! Give them away to friends or a food bank?
- Melissa Crawshaw: I went to school with Charles Manson’s only legitimate son; and yes he did kill himself but...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From