- I took that picture about a month ago. I was about to go to bed but I couldn’t find OtherDogGeedingII but needed to turn the light off in DaughterGeeding’s room. I suppose he was guarding her from bad dreams.
- I watch the last period and overtime of the Dallas Stars game last night. I don’t watch much hockey but this was a local team in a game seven. For some reason, John Denver’s “Take Me Home, Country Roads” was being played. The crowd was really into it singing along with a lot of gusto. It’s a fun crowd song, I get that, but it’s about West Virginia and the game was in St. Louis. This reminds of the period when the Dallas Cowboys would play “Sweet Home Alabama” before kickoffs which annoyed the heck out of me.
- Drywall is one of the toughest things to repair. Years ago GeedingManor had some foundation issues and I’m trying to repair some cracks in our walls. The process is pretty easy, it’s matching the texture, that orange peel pattern that’s the challenge. I can never get those aerosol cans to work right. I think in many ways, drywall is an art form which has to be mastered.
- I have a close friend, someone I grew up and attended college with, recently turned down an opportunity to pastor a church in Hawaii. Funny thing, but not only is my friend from Mineral Wells but the representative of the prospective church also grew up there.
- I have another close friend who is also a Baptist preacher. He mentioned his teenage son goes to a public school and it provides parents the option of whether they want their children to participate in a sex education class. He explained he and his wife chose not to have their son participate, that they would prefer to have that sort of stuff taught by them based on biblical and Christian principles. Several times he stated he was concerned about how “the world” teaches sex. None of this was surprising and it’s especially common where I grew up. I asked if he and his wife had the talk before the school’s scheduled sex education class and he seemed surprised by the question. I explained I wasn’t judging his parenting, I simply thought the students who attended the class would talk a lot about it afterward and that was an opportunity to have his son prepared to respond to a sensitive subject matter. For the most part, I don’t have an issue of parents opting to have their children not attend a sex education class. I also recognize each child is different. But I think a good approach for conservative Christian parents would be to have their children take the class, but before doing so, teach them how you would prefer it be taught and then after they take the class talk to them about what was taught and let them know what areas you support and don’t support – have a conversation about it. Eventually, they will be faced with what was taught one way or another, either by friends, personal experience, social media, or an entertainment median. As a parent, you have to make the most of the opportunities which come about. I’m now reminded of a sex education booklet I had for a “Sociology of Marriage” class I took in college. The front cover had the words of John 8:32 – Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
- Inside Electrify America’s plan to simplify electric car charging
- Portland man gets 4 months for trying to bribe ICE officer to deport wife, her child
- TheRoot.com is an online African-American news magazine focused on black culture. If you are familiar with black culture, then you are well aware of how significant the barbershop is, it’s a place in the community where people hang out for hours playing games and conversing. I recently discovered TheRoot.com has a weekly tongue in cheek (Oh, stewardess! I speak jive.) ‘Game of Thrones’ recap which I found pretty funny – A Game of Thrones Recap From the Westeros Barbershop
- I know y’all heard they killed that black girl down in King’s Landing yesterday. I’ve seen the video. She was unarmed, not bothering anybody, and they cut her head clean off in front of her boyfriend while he just stood there like he didn’t even have any balls or anything.
- If you found that recap entertaining, then you might enjoy The Black Person’s Guide to Game of Thrones (PG-13ish)
- I haven’t watched this so I have no idea what to expect but thought some of you might find this interesting – People Try To Guess The Religion Of Strangers In A Line-Up
- Bizarro Big Tex: Happy late birthday to the Love of Your Life, wifegeeding. I am in a remote region away from modern...
- Geeding: Brent’s older. 🙂
- Jason A: Is there relevance to Brent’s birthday being the first bullet point and your wife’s being next...
- AndreaJN: Happy birthday to WifeGeeding! I hope you have a day as wonderful as you are!
- Bryan B.: Looks like they left this up after the live broadcast was over. I’ve watching what I have so far....
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From