Bag of Randomness for Tuesday, August 11, 2015
- I think Google is doing the right thing by their reorganization, it was getting quite large, not streamlined, and confusing understanding who did what. I’m guessing their intent on naming the parent company Alphabet is somewhat similar to Amazon. If you look at the Amazon logo, you’ll see there’s an arrow going from the “A” to the “z” to show they sell everything “from A to Z”. I suppose with Alphabet, they want to show with a base set of letters, you can create almost words, sentences, poetry, songs, stories, books, etc.
- My favorite part about this new Google/Alphabet announcement – There’s already a new Alphabet website, abc.xyz, which includes a hidden link to the fictional Hooli.xyz website from the HBO comedy Silicon Valley.
- Google’s new parent company Alphabet does not own @alphabet or alphabet.com
- Something for my fellow TICKET fans that enjoy the Michael Irvin school closings – Vine
- Tempting GIF of the day – Cataract surgery – This was found on Reddit, and I thought it was interesting that the top comment was from the child of the man that invented that particular procedure.
- A 46 hour birthday – German man celebrates longest birthday ever by traveling across time zones
- In Alabama news – State Sen. Paul Sanford sets up GoFundMe account to solve state’s budget woes
- Disney apologizes for ‘congratulations’ tweet on Nagasaki anniversary
- In ‘Breaking Bad’-inspired killing, French students tried to dissolve victim’s body in acid, police say
- Infographic: The Influence of Star Wars on Film and TV
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink