- There’s a restaurant near us called La Hacienda Ranch, and SisterGeeding likes to call it by its literally Spanish to English translated name, The Ranch Ranch. I thought of that recently when looking at the name of MLB team Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, which literally translates to The Angels Angles of Anaheim. But if you wanted to take it even more literally, Anaheim is derived from the German word “annahome” which means “home in the valley.” So I guess their team name when very literally translated to English is “The Angels Angles of Home in the Valley.”
- A list of all the presidents and what they liked to eat while in the White House.
- I saw on the “CBS Evening News” that House Republicans have tried to repeal Obamacare 33 times. Keep in mind it was only signed into law back in March 2010. I understand being opposed and disagreeing with something, but at one point do you just move forward after 33 votes and a Supreme Court decision.
- Last week when I made a post about my hometown and that American flag in cemetery flap went national and a person from Weatherford made a comment that that sort of thing wouldn’t happen in Kangerootown. This week a story has went international about dog abuse in Weatherford.
- A younger Jon Hamm in the first season of Ally McBeal.
- Perhaps the greatest collection of pictures that details the history of the Batman franchise.
- Two west Texas cities are in the ‘Top 10 Flirtiest Cities of 50+ Singles‘ – Lubbock and Amarillo. Corpus Christi also made the list.
- Back in college, Mitt Romney use to like to dress like a cop and pull people over.
- RPM: Back in my radio days I did a contest promo with Charlie Pride. One of his lines was "It's all part of...
- Ben W.: That kids' autograph section is genius, and should be mandatory. I've heard so many athletes talk...
- Jason: That "anointed cake" story sounds like a variation of a story Tony Campolo has been telling for...
- AndreaJN: I enjoy “Wait Wait… Don’t Tell Me!”. Hope you enjoy it!
- Rob: The Navy officially retired the flat hat on April 1, 1963.
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From