- There’s a restaurant near us called La Hacienda Ranch, and SisterGeeding likes to call it by its literally Spanish to English translated name, The Ranch Ranch. I thought of that recently when looking at the name of MLB team Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, which literally translates to The Angels Angles of Anaheim. But if you wanted to take it even more literally, Anaheim is derived from the German word “annahome” which means “home in the valley.” So I guess their team name when very literally translated to English is “The Angels Angles of Home in the Valley.”
- A list of all the presidents and what they liked to eat while in the White House.
- I saw on the “CBS Evening News” that House Republicans have tried to repeal Obamacare 33 times. Keep in mind it was only signed into law back in March 2010. I understand being opposed and disagreeing with something, but at one point do you just move forward after 33 votes and a Supreme Court decision.
- Last week when I made a post about my hometown and that American flag in cemetery flap went national and a person from Weatherford made a comment that that sort of thing wouldn’t happen in Kangerootown. This week a story has went international about dog abuse in Weatherford.
- A younger Jon Hamm in the first season of Ally McBeal.
- Perhaps the greatest collection of pictures that details the history of the Batman franchise.
- Two west Texas cities are in the ‘Top 10 Flirtiest Cities of 50+ Singles‘ – Lubbock and Amarillo. Corpus Christi also made the list.
- Back in college, Mitt Romney use to like to dress like a cop and pull people over.
- Brent: Now that's a post by Benjamin Corey that I can almost fully agree with! I think he underemphasizes the...
- WGII: If the Stars scored a goal in the second period every one gets a coupon for a free taco from Taco Bueno and...
- Nathan Hart: Here's a 2017 version of that lawn mower: http://www.autoblog.com/2017/0 4/24/honda-miimo-au…
- JayF: I'm still taking the 80's. Ahhh the progressive dinners, those were great. I wonder if any church...
- Ben W.: Death rates for children aged 1-19 cut by more than half from 1980 to 2014. Thanks, knee pads, helmets,...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From