Last June, Matthew Lincoln was attending an evening service at his nondenominational Tennessee church when he approached the altar where a visiting minister was offering individual prayers for parishioners. Assigned “catchers” were present on the altar in case congregants fainted, fell, or otherwise lost control. When the minister, Robert Lavala, slightly touched his forehead, the Knoxville-area man “received the spirit and fell backwards.” Except nobody was there to catch him, Lincoln charges in a $2.5 million lawsuit filed yesterday against Lakewind Church and its pastors. Lincoln, 58, claims that he fell backwards, striking his head against the “carpet-covered cement floor,” according to the Circuit Court complaint, which was first reported by Courthouse News Service.
- JayF: Words cant even describe how dumb that is….Homecoming fire in a dumpster! Jeez! I've never been...
- Mike Honcho: Always enjoy the posts you share from Ben Corey. Thanks.
- df of ll: The FD used gasoline instead of lighter fluid. 1 cup of gasoline has the explosive force of 1 stick of...
- Ben W.: This would be the second time Trump has walked out of an Executive Order signing ceremony without actually...
- Craig Moore: The community should be Gated..Then no one gets in..Then schedule tour bus at X time agreed upon by the...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From