Looking For Something?
Support a BoN Sponsor
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From
Support a BoN Sponsor
- The local news had a story about Texas Woman’s University being so overcrowded they turned a Holiday Inn into a dorm. The same thing happened when I was in college and I was hired as the resident advisor of the Colonial Inn. The perks of living there was free cable (no cable on campus at the time), a swimming pool outside our door, and unlike the dorms on campus, we could have girls over. Somewhere out there is video of me being interviewed by a local news station. I was also interviewed by the local paper and made the front page, but made a bad decision to do so in the pool with my shirt off after some urging from the reporter.
- I grew another beard but shaved it all off last night. When I walked out DaughterGeeding just laughed at me saying I look funny.
- I’m really enjoying this Simpsons marathon.
- 6 commercial jingles ’80s and ’90s Dallas kids will never forget - My sister and I use to crack up at the honorable mention commercial.
- I was alive during a time when it was fashionable to wear shorts over your sweatpants.
- Junior Mints > Andes Mints> York Peppermint Patty
- One of my readers sent me a pic of his new barbecue smoker. I hate him in the most Christian way possible and jealous his grandfather was in the inaugural class of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Other than that, I love the guy.
- It seems like Jim Kelly is always the runner up. On the day it’s announced he’s cancer free the Ebola doctor is Ebola free.
- No one will admit it, but there’s nothing like picking the perfect booger.
- I get a small amount of satisfaction of hitting the Ctrl and Enter button simultaneous to send an email.
- Jean-Claude Van Damme has a very attractive and fit daughter name Bianca Bree Van Damme that just took the ice bucket challenge sitting in a very provocative position - YouTube
- I never understood the criticisms presidents in office get for playing golf. Those guys need to unwind and recharge, and presidents of both parties have played plenty of golf, and I’m sure some have played more than others. Obama has been getting a lot of heat for speaking about the beheading of U.S. journalist James Foley and then leaving, changing clothes, and then playing golf. I think that’s a lot different than G.W. Bush speaking seriously about terrorism on a golf course and then telling the press to “watch this drive“. I bet in retrospect Bush regretted ever saying that (and even speaking to the press while on the course) and that moment caused him to stop playing while in office.
- This just seems weird - Here’s How The State Department Trolls Terrorists On Social Media
- Until last week I’ve watched my neighbor’s dog and gerbil a total of five times when he’s been on vacation, and he’s paid me four of the five times. The reason he didn’t pay me that one time was because he lost his wallet at a gas station on the way home. He’s been back for five days now and hasn’t paid me for this latest watch, but I’m uncomfortable bringing the topic up with him. I was really looking forward to using this money to buy a smoker and do some barbecuing.
- Dang, the season finale of ‘Rectify’ sure did pull the curtain back on a lot of things and brought some intense drama. I’m glad to hear it’s been picked up for another season.
- Back To The Future aging with makeup vs reality
- Did Skynet create this? - This Robot Draws A Life-Size Selfie Using Its Creator’s Blood
- This is quite surprising, but they have been at it for a full decade. - Kari, Grant and Tory are leaving MythBusters - To be honest, it always bugged me hearing them all scream with over expressive facial reactions at every explosion.
- The Chick-Fil-A sandwich I brought home last smelled like some kind of cleaning solution, and this was confirmed by WifeGeeding who has a supreme olfactory sense. But it tasted so good I just continued to eat it. If you don’t see any blog posts come Monday, blame my death on the sandwich and not my lack of willpower to put it down.
The Rock Squirrel has been raiding our bird feeder, carrying away pounds of seed. Nancy figured a quick solution. I don’t know which is funnier, the squirrel or Nancy’s narration.
For anyone who is concerned about the squirrel, he still raids our other two feeders and the vegetable garden. The tiny amount of Vaseline used is non-toxic, the kind used for lip balm. He quickly learned that this feeder was not worth the trouble, so we have not put more on the pole, and the birds are delighted to actually get some of the bird seed.
Below is a sample of Laura Jenkinson’s work, click here for more of her great work.
- There’s a rule at GeedingManor that all home improvement projects stop at the start of football season. Yesterday I see several paint swatches taped to our laundry room. I think WifeGeeding is trying to squeeze in one more project for me while she can.
- I’m sure everyone has thought of a crime or murder they could get away with scot-free.
- WifeGeeding informed me that one of her friends named her daughter Swayze. I’ve never heard that named used for either a boy or girl, but if Swayze does get a little brother, I hope he’s named Dalton, and then the father can teach him the three rules, “One, never underestimate your opponent. Expect the unexpected. Two, take it outside. Never start anything inside the bar unless it’s absolutely necessary. And three, be nice.”
- On The TICKET yesterday, the Hardline crew couldn’t figure out how the Cowboys franchise value or worth increased by 36% last year. I’m surprised they couldn’t remember the AT&T naming rights deal as well as agreement with the city of Frisco to build a new practice facility and entertainment complex.
- During a commercial break on The TICKET I heard a Park Place motors advertisement with SNL music in the background and a bad Don Pardo impression. Considering the man died just the day before, that was pretty tasteless.
- My barbeque smoking research has introduced me to some new terminology like packer brisket, the point, the flat, and the deckle.
- Ken Burns was on Letterman discussing his new series that covers both of the Roosevelts, seven tw0-hour episodes that starts on September 14. That’ll certainly be on my DVR. He stated that if both men were running for office today, neither would get passed the Iowa caucuses.
- Is Your Theology A “Little Bit Off”? Here’s A Quick Test To See
- Texas Monthly – Where Have All the Cowboy Churches Come From?
- Speaking of Texas Monthly, their barbeque guy thinks some New Yorkers have figured out Texas barbeque, “The brisket I’ve had in New York lately is better than a lot of places in Texas.”
- Buzzfeed - This Guy Took Photos Of Himself Adorably Proposing To Disney Characters
- Buzzfeed - The Guy Who Inspired The Ice Bucket Challenge Finally Took The Ice Bucket Challenge Himself - There’s also an ESPN piece about the man’s fight against ALS.
- Buzzfeed - An All-Bacon Restaurant Is Opening In Montreal – Hey Warren, he’ll have Jägermeister poutine.
- There was a line in last night’s ‘The Bridge’ that seemed like a story right out of ‘Game of Thrones’ - Theon Greyjoy’s in particular.
- Trying to put cold, hard butter on soft bread is anathema to me, usually I just end up destroying the bread. - The Cutting-Edge Butter Knife of Your Dreams Is Finally Here
- Usually by this time of year every homeowner has given up on their lawn, but we’ve been fortunate this summer.
- Sea plankton discovered outside space station
- The Every Simpsons Ever marathon starts on FXX today at 9:00 AM Central, this means for the time being I can’t say there’s nothing on TV.
Thanks to Jenna Bush Hager, Rory McIlroy, Woody Johnson, and Coach Jim Harbaugh for the #IceBucketChallenge — and to Laura W. Bush for the check. Next up: President Bill Clinton. Help #StrikeOutALS at www.alsa.org.
“Yesterday was Bill’s birthday and my gift to Bill is a bucket of cold water.”
- The Gov Rick Perry mugshot really bothered me – the lighting was all wrong. Travis County needs to get better photography equipment, there’s too much shadow on the left side of his face. I’ve seen iPhone selfies better than this. Maybe they don’t need new equipment, but just move the flash to the middle of the subject. At least the hair looked good.
- Politically, I thought Perry handled the event extremely well. He scheduled the event right when all local news started their evening news, show humility, respect, and confidence. He was even smart enough to compliment the employees of the courthouse for their professionalism, then he topped it all off with ice cream. I bet the ice cream event trended more on Twitter than the mugshot. The more I think about it, none of this is going to hurt his chances at running for president. The thing that will hurt him is what rests between his ears.
- Buzzfeed – Rick Perry Has An Aggressive New Video Out In Response To His Indictment
- The background music or musical score of ‘The Knick’ is just amazing, especially for a period piece. Here’s (Soundcloud) an example if you are interested, of course without any scene to go with it, it’s not as impressive. I really like how it picks up at the 1:20 mark. It’s almost like the Blue Man Group decided to help out with the music.
- Out of the blue and for no reason at all, WifeGeeding decided to hand write a letter to her father. I was really proud of her. If I were to guess, it probably started off “Dear Daddy, you were so right about Keith.”
- WifeGeeding is very trusting, she let me have lunch with two single very attractive women yesterday, former coworkers of mine. But then again, she probably realizes that I have no game left in me whatsoever so there’s nothing to worry about.
- Two things stood out on ‘Hard Knocks’ last night. The opening scene in the surgery room followed by the operation, and one of the players that friended linebackers coach Bryan Cox’s daughter. Also, Mike Tice is a better coach than I ever gave him credit for.
- DaughterGeeding’s pre-school called and gave us an option of placing her in an older class so she can be challenged, but WifeGeeding nixed the idea for several reasons.
- Letterman had a pretty good zinger towards Johnny Manziel last night saying his new nickname will end up being Johnny Bench. Dave also joked that he changed his mind and is not retiring, but I have a feeling there’s a bit of cognitive dissonance going on.
- If you ever wanted to know how your prescription glasses are made in under an hour, here’s a descriptive photo album of 88 pictures.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt was one of those actors that I just couldn’t stand but I’ve totally come around on him.
- I didn’t know that Google’s driverless cars are designed to exceed the speed limit.
- According to this article I found on Reddit, Japanese prisoners on death row are only told when they will be executed just a few hours before they are hanged, and their families aren’t notified until after the execution.
- 10 things you probably didn’t know about Whataburger - Mike Judge, the man behind “Beavis and Butthead”, “King of the Hill”, “Office Space”, and “Silicon Valley” was once employee of the month.
- Buzzfeed - A Texas Man Suffering From ALS Created His Own Ice Bucket Challenge Video And It’s Amazing
- Burying Your Dead Without Religion
- A redditor posted a picture of his grandmother and nephew who fell asleep in the back of a car holding hands.
- In the fourth picture, this cat is trying to scratch himself with his missing leg.