- Circa 1998, I wrapping up my time in college and was a big fan of A&E’s ‘Biography’. In part because I wanted to know what all laid in front of me and if I would be brave and opportunistic enough to make my own history like all of these folks. I remember when ‘Biography’ decided to do one on Donald Trump and he called in the next day to ‘Live with Regis and Kathy Lee’ to discuss it. I recall Trump saying he was happy with the piece, but his tone and demeanor sounded like he was wondering if there would be much more left to write about him.
- Two items of note I saw on the ‘CBS Evening News’
- One segment showed the Secret Service training for all sorts of different scenarios that could happen at the inauguration, even role-playing with a weaponized drone. I’ve thought a lot about how a drone could be used as a weapon and if it’s been overlooked.
- Scott Pelley introduced Bob Schieffer at the end of the telecast stating how the wise elder has reported on Washington and jokingly clarified he meant the city, not the first president.
- When DaughterGeeding realized Donald Trump was to become our acting president tomorrow, she asked if we could go to the store to buy Oreos before Trump gets rid of them all. I totally forgot he said that, but it reminded me what can stay in a child’s mind.
- From the Presidential Inaugural Prayer Breakfast website, and this has to be awkward for a former first lady, but Benny Hinn?! And no George W. Bush?
- Trump: My Cabinet has ‘by far the highest IQ of any Cabinet ever assembled.”’
- My first thought was Kip Dynamite’s famous line.
- My second thought was, there’s no need to upstage George Washington’s cabinet, which only had four members: Secretary of State Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of Treasury Alexander Hamilton, Secretary of War Henry Knox, and Attorney General Edmund Randolph.
- Mapped: President Barack Obama’s 156 visits abroad – and half a million million miles flown in Air Force One
- I’ve cooked bacon in the oven before, but yesterday was the first time I tried it by laying it on parchment paper. To my surprise, it worked great. Not so much by the cooking aspect, but the cleanup was a cinch. It was better than using aluminum foil. When I first read about this method I thought the grease would go through the paper and go all over the place, but not at all. Just make sure your paper is larger than your sheet pan.
- 2nd ex-Baylor Title IX official alleges discrimination
- If you are a fan of HBO’s ‘Westworld’, you might appreciate these pictures of an abandoned amusement park north of Tokyo.
- I didn’t vote for Trump, but I’d prefer having him in the Oval Office than Ted Cruz. Go ahead, call my crazy, just refrain from any curse words or references to my mother, please.
- I’m absolutely certain I have a better 40 time than Donald Trump.
- At least this opportunity won’t go to his head and will simply humble the local pastor – Dallas pastor Robert Jeffress to preach at pre-inauguration service for Trump
- I knew he’s frequently on Fox News, but had no idea he had a contract, “Jeffress declined to comment on his role in the inauguration, saying his contract with Fox News precludes him from speaking with CNN.“
- We prayed with Donald Trump
- We are the pastors of two New York churches with unique connections to President-elect Donald J. Trump. Patrick is the senior pastor of First Presbyterian Church in Jamaica, Queens, where the President-elect’s mother, Mary, an immigrant from Scotland, was a member, and where her son was baptized and confirmed. When he takes the oath of office, Mr. Trump will rest his hand on the Lincoln Bible and on the Bible given to him “by the Sunday Church School of the First Presbyterian Church, Jamaica, New York, Children’s Day, June 12, 1955.” Scott is the senior pastor of Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church in Manhattan. Fifth Avenue Presbyterian stands closer to Trump Tower than any church in the city. Sitting in his office, Mr. Trump has a direct view of the Celtic cross atop the church’s spire.
- There’s a new trailer for the movie Logan, it’s the last time Hugh Jackman will play the role. You can tell in the opening scene they are in Texas, though I have no idea where or exactly how much of the film will take place in our state.
- Attorney Brian ‘Strong Arm’ Loncar’s death ruled accidental cocaine overdose
- Odd story about Skittles – Hundreds of thousands of red Skittles meant to feed cows spilled on the highway
- Dennis Hastert Wants Sex-Abuse Accuser to Return Hush Money
- GQ – The Oral History of President Barack Obama Playing Pickup Basketball
- Reggie Love: I would say probably the most satisfying memory was having to coach Sasha’s middle school team and seeing seventh graders execute the pick-and-roll flawlessly.
- George W. Bush’s Inauguration Day Letter to Barack Obama – There’s a part of me that would prefer these letters would never be seen by the public. These come from the National Archives.
And here’s Clinton’s letter to W.
- Suzi: Oh, and – I'm a huge Springsteen fan – I think as much of him as you do of Bono. I read...
- Suzi: I'm getting to be a total politics nerd, watching hearings on C-SPAN and everything. Saw Ted Cruz's...
- John Mackovic: – I like foil because, after I am done cooking the bacon, I take a corner and shape into a spout...
- Corey: Next time you do bacon in the oven, throw some brown sugar and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper on the bacon...
- blurdo: Your plumbing problem could have something to do with the venting. If the vent can't let in enough air...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From