- BoyGeeding played in the first baseball game of his life (excluding t-ball and blastball) on Saturday evening and was thrown in at catcher to start the game. He held his own and was given.
- After the game, one kid was crying in the dugout about needing help with something. As his mother approached she blurted out, “I’ll come over and help you out, but you’re gonna need to dry it up, we don’t cry in baseball.”
- On an adjacent field, players on one team were all wearing eye black, but not below their eyes, above their lips. They all used the eye black for fake mustaches.
- It was a very pleasant surprise discovering Google’s new “Pin Live Score” feature on my phone. When I looked up the score of a game in progress, Google gave me the option to “Pin Live Score”. When I selected it, a tiny and unintrusive scoreboard with the quarter and time remaining displayed on my phone. It stayed on top of everything no matter if I closed my browsing session or what app I decided to open. Perhaps this feature has been around for a while, but I only discovered it this weekend.
- Johnny Unitas‘ middle name was Constantine.
- The North Texas Tollway Authority sent me Tolltag stickers to replace the bulky plastic ones I’ve been using since last century stating the technology they are operating on is about to go the way of the dinosaur.
- It feels weird to believe that in a little over three months this decade, the 2010s or whatever it should be called, will be over with.
- In terms of technology, it’s an amazing time to be alive. This guy was able to take this picture of Saturn using his backyard telescope.
- On your mark. Get set. Blow: The race to build a breathalyzer for weed
- It’s nice seeing Mack Brown doing well at North Carolina. Yeah, it’s early in the season, but it’s nice he’s off to a good start.
- Matthew McConaughey endorses Lincoln cars and made the following entrance to the ESPN College GameDay set.
- I’m not trying to stir up a hornet’s nest with this story about reported gunshots at this Alabama football game. But I would like to acknowledge the coaches making sure their players got to the ground before themselves, it was a very admirable and selfless act.
Americans are Resilient…….but at some point you have to ask the question about what these senseless tragedies do to the American Psyche!? pic.twitter.com/3rPHjt0L60
— Joseph Sakran (@JosephSakran) September 7, 2019
- Jalopnik – Why No One Is Beating Tesla’s Range
- Bryan B.: If the XFL is spending that kind of money renovating stadiums, I’ll be surprised if it lasts more...
- Bizarro Big Tex: Parking issue also a hot button at our House of Worship. Folks seem to be in a big hurry to commune...
- Bizarro Big Tex: I also have doubts on the origins of the oilfield attack. Was the Saudi field attacked? Yes. Can we...
- AndreaJN: I think the same thing about the oil field drones. I suspect that someone told Trump that he would get...
- RPM: I always liked Cokie Roberts and respected her opinions. She was sharp. I’m not a CNN hater, but they are...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From