- Sometimes I hear stories of high school seniors being accepted to something like 17 colleges and universities. I never understood why one would apply to so many other than vanity. If you can’t make it into your top five, then you need to reevaluate some things. I believe every application comes with a fee, so that can add up.
- Virgin Trains USA, a transportation startup (Sir Richard Branson is a minority owner), is exploring two high-speed routes in Texas — one tying together Austin, Houston, and San Antonio, and the other between Dallas and Houston.
- The Hottest Chat App for Teens Is … Google Docs – How a writing tool became the new default way to pass notes in class
- Virginia Mother Admits Injecting Child With Her Own Blood
- A Virginia woman who admitted putting her blood in her son’s nose and mouth while he was in the hospital said she did it because she wanted her son to get attention from the hospital staff.
- Nebraska family builds lifelike Ford Mustang out of snow: Trooper gives it ticket
- One heck of a collision
- Armchair political pundit time
- Candidates have to strike when the iron is hot, not when they are ready. If JFK or Obama would have postponed running until the next election cycle they never would have become president. I think Chris Christie could have become president if he ran 2012, but he stated he didn’t think he was ready and had too much respect for the office to run without being ready. With all that in mind, there’s no better opportunity for Beto to run than now. I’m not endorsing the man or prognosticating a victory, I’m just stating he’ll never have a better opportunity. He was on Ellen and Colbert, and HBO is even doing a documentary about his failed Senate run. LeBron wore a Beto hat, Steve Kerr expressed his hope hed run, and other celebrities love him – he’s got a bit of electricity around him and has great exposure. He’ll have to overcome the fact he couldn’t win a statewide election in his home state.
- President Trump is right, he does talk with his hands a bit much.
- One tweet about him which stuck with me through most of the day, “Beto’s got VP written all over him.” If the Dems don’t nominate him as their top candidate and certain he’ll be the second person on their ticket.
- I know candidates get asked the same questions and often have the same formulaic answers and will give the same speech repeatedly at different events, but I felt like Beto sounded too rehearsed when interviewed or speaking at these things. It was a bit like Groundhog Day. He lost some genuineness and authenticity points with me.
- Germany: Crematorium goes up in flames, bodies survive
- A fun little chart – How People Meet Their Partners
- College Basketball Player Perfectly Executes An Off-The-Butt Pass To Score Last-Second Game Winner
— EWU WBB (@EWUWBB) March 14, 2019
- Bryan B.: I was in the shower when the space shuttle sonic boom happened and my wife was asleep. I had to work that...
- Geeding: I wouldn’t have guessed that Peter Jennings would have done such a thing, and I totally forgot about...
- Bryan B.: Double post warning – I went to Wikipedia to refresh my memory on the history of New Coke and laughed...
- Bryan B.: I remember New Coke tasting a lot like Pepsi and I believe that was part of the goal of the new recipe. I...
- GW: Theta.
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From