Bag of Randomness for Thursday, August 30, 2018
- At school yesterday, BoyGeeding fell and knocked his front tooth out on a classmate’s desk. He said he didn’t cry. I would have cried. However, the front tooth next to it is really loose and he cried over that before bedtime because he doesn’t want to lose that one yet.
- GIF – Removing the innards of spent tires – So that’s how you get all those wires out.
- Nothing groundbreaking and I’m sure it’s stuff you’ve read before – Try This Military Meditation Routine to Fall Asleep Fast
- A 44-year-old Austin teacher was rushed to an out-of-network hospital on his school district health plan for a cardiac issue. He asked the hospital about and they told him not to worry and that they would accept his insurance.
- Total Bill: $164,941 for a four-day hospital stay, including $42,944 for four stents and $10,920 for room charges. Calver’s insurer paid $55,840. The hospital billed Calver for the unpaid balance of $108,951.31.
- If you are a fan of running and have an obsession with Lee Harvey Oswald, this is only $15 – Lee Harvey Oswald Running Tour
- WFAA – Texas hero helps save 94-year-old wrong-way driver, and it’s all on video
- I’m not sure if WFAA is responsible, but the video ends with the following.
That kind of stuff bugs me, it implies helping or saving people is an exclusive trait of Texans. I hear the same thing when something happens in Boston or New York, how they have a certain determination or grit unique to just them. I like to think that as humans, despite geography, we do what we can to help one another. Maybe I’m a bit too naive or inspired by a Ronald Reagan quote which is engraved on his final resting place, “I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph. And there’s purpose and worth to each and every life.”
- Tag, kickball, Red Rover, musical chairs: Games deemed ‘inappropriate’ by Alabama school board
- Netflix releases mesmerizing trailer for Orson Welles’ final film
- Cinema’s storied history is littered with projects that remain unfinished in various states. One such movie is (or at least, was) The Other Side of the Wind from the legendary Citizen Kane director Orson Welles. Netflix picked up the rights last year, and with the movie set to be released almost 50 years after production started on it, the captivating first trailer has arrived.
- ‘Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D’ is coming to IMAX theaters
- On what would have been Michael Jackson’s 60th birthday, IMAX announced that it’s remastering Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D for a limited run in its theaters. IMAX will show the iconic 1983 music video in 3D for one week starting September 21st, before screenings of the new movie The House with a Clock in Its Walls.
- Utah wildlife departments drop fish into lakes from airplanes
- Many of the lakes in Utah are excellent places to fish, but you can’t get to them with a truck or a car. The Uinta Mountains alone have more than 650 fishable lakes. The best way to stock many of these valuable fisheries—and sometimes the only way to stock them—is from the air…
- The Atlantic Trump Has Changed How Teens View the News– – Young people can see the president’s tweets as jokes, but they still often share his negative feelings about the press.
- I think I may change the unofficial motto of this blog (it’s displayed in the upper right above the header) from “Because this is all I have to offer…………a whole bag of nothing” to “I never proofread and like Tommy Lee Jones’ character in The Fugitive, ‘I don’t care!'”
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink