Bag of Randomness for Wednesday, August 5, 2015
- Yesterday I realized that the namesakes for my children have birthdays two days apart, Aug 2 and Aug 4.
- I’ve heard Bartley’s BBQ in Grapevine was a hidden gem so I gave it a try. WifeGeeding took advantage of their free BBQ sandwich, all you have to do is text “BBQ” to 56274. I’ve heard they are hit and miss, and yesterday wasn’t one of their best days. The meat cutter didn’t really seem to care that we were there and he trimmed off too much char on the sliced brisket. The ribs also seem as if they weren’t cooked long enough as some of that connective tissue proved troublesome.
- Yesterday is was announced that Darren Woodson would be inducted into the Cowboys Rings of Honor. During his press conference, he talked about how Jimmy Jimson brought all the rookies out to the star at Texas Stadium and talked about the history of the Cowboys. That’s something all Cowboys fans love hearing and gives you an idea of why he was protective of it when TO celebrated on it.
- Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Re-Enact the Dez Bryant ‘No-Catch’
- GIF – Well I wasn’t expecting that!
- I’ve noticed that funerals and memorial services are turning into a “celebration of life” which makes things less grim. For instance, I learned that the owner of the escaped anaconda recently died, so I decided to look up his obituary. It mentions that after the service, the public is invited to a swimming party at the neighborhood clubhouse.
- My pastor, who grew up in Chicago, thinks us Texans are too gentle when it comes to death. He likes to stress that people don’t “pass away”, they “die”. I find this odd from a Christian perspective. The Jewish faith doesn’t really believe in a heaven or an afterlife, but the Christian faith does. So I could understand a Jewish person saying that people don’t pass away but die. For a Christian, at death, a person passes on from life on Earth to some other existence in Heaven, Purgatory, or the Ice Capades.
- Buzzfeed – A Paralyzed Woman Has Done A Lingerie Photo Shoot To Prove Disabilities Don’t Limit Sexuality
- Buzzfeed – Here’s The Stone Mormons Believe Joseph Smith Used To Translate The Book Of Mormon
- Mark Hamill provides humor with his autographs.
- Recently I mentioned how my father used to carry a pocket knife. I now kinda do the same since I bought a pocket knife that looks like a key, and now it’s on my key ring.
- Gov Scott Walker news from Vox – According to his financial disclosure forms, he’s carrying $10,000 to $15,000 in debt on a Barclays credit card that charges him a staggering 27.24 percent interest rate.
- Gov Bobby Jindal was in a Buzzfeed push-up competition.
- 92-Year-Old Registers To Vote For First Time To Cast Her Ballot For Trump
- Chinese Winter Olympics anthem is rip-off of Frozen song, say online critics
- I don’t know why I don’t have ‘Drunk History’ set on auto-record because everytime I catch it, it’s funny as all get out. I love how they get mainstream actors to portray characters and lip synch what the drunk person telling the history lesson.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink