Bag of Randomness for Thursday, August 19, 2015
- I have a line etiquette question. We went to Lockhart Smokehouse for lunch yesterday and I was the third person in line before the door opened for business. About two minutes before the door opened, four co-workers of the two men in front of me just slipped into line ahead of me to be with their group. I didn’t say anything, but if I were them, I would have would gotten in line behind me. It’s not a big deal, there was plenty of BBQ to go around, but I was curious to know if what they did was appropriate or not?
- While at Lockhart, I noticed my picture was on the wall from the time I attended one of their smoke camps. It’s not a profile pic, I’m in the background, but you can spot a bearded Geeding in it.
- I noticed I had a 2,800 unique visitor increase in blog traffic on Friday. My research indicates that comedian Tim Heidecker tweeted my post about Jim Baker to his 478k followers.
- If you ever come across one of those annoying websites that use a slideshow slide for every single slide, as opposed to just listing everything on one page, try Deslide.
- I had no idea that Yvonne Craig (aka, Batgirl) spent most of her teen years in Dallas’ Oak Cliff neighborhood.
- I didn’t do the math, but I read that if a person’s average dump is ten minutes, and that person does such a thing at work, that equates to forty hours of paid vacation each year.
- A Canadian Man Found A Bat Swimming In His Toilet
- Michigan town residents pooled their money to send every high school graduate to college
- Goonies house shut down after owner gets sick of people doing the Truffle Shuffle on the lawn
- Promo for ‘Jared’s Pants Dance’ kids game still live on Subway’s site Wednesday
- Jared Fogle is going to prison as part of a plea deal for having sex with underage girls and possession of child pornography, and his wife is now seeking divorce. If they were members of The Village Church, she wouldn’t be able to start such a thing so soon without first seeking some sort of reconciliation.
- Josh Duggar Rumored to Have Had an Ashley Madison Account – There also seems to be a lot of local, state, and federal government emails as part of this data breach. I’m amazed at how willing so many people are giving their work email addresses as part of anything personal. At of fear of getting in trouble for even the smallest thing at work, I never give my work email out for anything, even to my family. It just seems like a no-brainer thing to be professional enough to keep non-work stuff associated with a private email. And I’ll admit at times there might be a small amount of overlap.
- DirecTV launches a box just for 4K movies
- GIF – Real life fruit ninja
- All of Stan Lee’s movie cameos so far
- Denny’s actually has a funny blog.
- The Buffalo Bill House from Silence of the Lambs Is Up for Sale
- The average American life mapped out by week
- I caught the Rex Ryan feature on HBO’s ‘Real Sports’ and as in-depth as it was, there wasn’t any reference to his foot fetish that was exposed. That episode also had a segment on that Arkansas high school coach with four state titles who never punts and always onside kicks. I thought it was interesting to keep the kick return team guessing, he has 12 different types of onside kicks, with the most interesting one that includes a little known rule of being able to pick the ball up from tee and pitching it back to another player to dropkick it. Of all things, I think I was most impressed with his knowledge of statistical analysis regarding certain game situations and how he plays the odds. Last year their only loss was to our local Highland Park high school, and they will be their first game this year in Dallas, which might be worth going to on Friday, September 4.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink