Bag of Randomness
- It’s been so long, I forgot how stressful a Cowboys playoff game can be.
- Gov Christie continues to be our lucky charm with his red sweater. There were actually three acting governors at the game. Along with Christie was the Michigan governor and Gov Good Hair with Glasses. Tommy Lasorda was also in attendance wearing a Cowboys cap.
- Chris Christie’s brother defending the Gov
- It looked like Jason Garrett took over play calling again for the playoffs, it’s like they abandoned the run.
- For anyone upset that the Cowboys have have gotten some favorable officiating calls, that’s why you invite the NFL officiating czar on your party bus before the start of the season. #whatever. If you’ve read this blog long enough, you know I’m not the type to gripe about a few calls, a team should perform well enough that a few calls will compensate for one or two bad plays or calls. After that pass interference call and no call, there was still six minutes to play.
- While watching WFAA sports last night, I think there was footage of Tommy Lasorda on the field before the game.
- I’m sure there won’t be one mention of the Ice Bowl this week since the Cowboys will be going to Green Bay for a playoff game. Oh wait!
- @dkaplanSBJ – Wondering if demarcus Lawrence is the only NFL player with two fumble recoveries on the same drive
- My sinuses have been killing me for the last three weeks, I’m finally seeing a doctor about it today.
- The story of the seven-year-old-girl plane crash survivor is heartbreaking and remarkable. Just hearing the news reports of her being the lone survivor and losing her family to that plane crash and trekking through the cold dark Kentucky wilderness for three-quarters of a mile in shorts, no coat, and just a sock to a random house in the tears me up. No one should ever underestimate her. My heart also goes out to the homeowner who answered the door when the little girl knocked. I can’t imagine what would go through my mind greeting a littled clothed bloody girl with broken bones telling me her parents just die in a plane crash.
- ESPN had an extremely well put together segment on Stuart Scott soon after his death was announced. It must have been difficult for his coworkers to be a part of that piece as Scott was slipping away, those segments couldn’t have been filmed too long ago, and some were even speaking as if he was already gone. This link has the emotional video of Hannah Storm announcing his death on air and Rich Eisen tear jerkingly talking about him after he heard the news.
- WifeGeeding was looking at the spreadsheet I kept last year and was trying to figure out why we went a whole week without any relations, and then it dawned on her that was the time she got her birth control IUD implanted and was instructed that to abstain for a week.
- I’d also like to challenged all husbands to try to give your wife a good foot massage twice a month for all of 2015 and see how it might help her feel more valued and appreciated. You’d be surprised at how good it actually makes you as a husband feel; in some ways, you get more out of it as she would, and I’m not talking physically.
- I caught The Equalizer with Denzel Washington over the weekend and really liked it. It’s a bit slow starting out, but for the evening I was looking for, it matched the pace I was looking for and eventually delivered on the action. Random quote from the movie that stuck with me, “When you pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too.”mm
- I’m in the middle of season seven of ‘Psyche’ and thought that was the final season until I got a message from Netflix saying that season eight will be available in less than a week. That show is much better than I hoped for and if you enjoy funny pop-culture references (think ‘Family Guy’), a plethora of guest stars, and light hearted comedy-drama, it’s well worth your time.
- I caught the NFL Network special ‘A Football Life’ on the 2006 Rose Bowl and it wasn’t as in-depth as I thought it would be.
- A lot of former players were interviewed about the game, but one notable absentee was Reggie Bush.
- Snoop surprisingly does a pretty decent Keith Jackson “ohhhh nelly” impression.
- I’m convinced if Matt Leinart would have been drafted by the Titans and reunited with his old offensive coordinator at USC, he’d still be in the league with a good, maybe great, career.
- Vince Young stated he would have come back for another year at Texas if Houston didn’t have the number one pick. I’d liked to see what would have happened if he had an offensive coordinator that was willing to use an offense that catered to his strengths, such as scrambling. The likelihood of injury would have been high, but I still wonder.
- Google Maps Active Ku Klux Klan Groups – Dallas only has one, East Texas with six, and the Texas Big Country has two.
- East Texas tea partier Rep Louie Gohmert to challenge Speaker John Boehner
- Attracted To Men, Pastor Feels Called To Marriage With A Woman
- If you want advice, ask for money. But if you want money, ask for advice – How Cold Emails Led This 29-Year-Old To Get Funded By Mark Cuban
- NY Times – Her Task Is to Wean the White House Off Floppy Disks
- Hotel Employs Adoptable Dogs As Greeters, Finds Them Homes
- Hey, NPYD, if the widow of the slain officer of whose funeral you are attending is asking you not to turn your back on the mayor, don’t turn your back. Doing so proves you are their for selfish reasons and not to pay respect to the one who died or his family. There’s a time and place for your message, a funeral shouldn’t be the venue.
- Ray Lewis to appear on Spike TV series ‘Coaching Bad’ to help coaches with anger issues
- There’s going to be another Rambo movie – Rambo: Last Blood
- I’ve been telling you I had my doubts that Bono would be able to play the guitar, and it looks like I’m right – see ‘I For Irish Pride’.
- Today’s dose of TEXAS!
- Today’s dose of ‘MURICA!
- Aaron Paul as a young Han Solo?! – Juiciest ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Rumors (and Some Debunked Ones)
- Progress, not perfection.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink