Bag of Randomness
- An interesting job would be naming paint colors. What I thought was just a gray color is actually South Pacific Pearl Gray. I found a lighter gray color called Kitten Whiskers. I also ran across a tan called Hamster Cuddles.
- I’m thinking the Aurora movie theater shooter is sane, but evil, and is doing but nothing but putting on an entertaining show for himself thinking he’s actually a Joker character from Batman.
- Larry Hagman’s last filmed appearance was for the CBS show “I Get That A Lot” which aired last night. The show is basically about celebrities posing as everyday people doing common jobs and seeing how us regular folk react once we recognize them. Hagman played a food server at Costco complete with a hairnet, and I got a kick out of his name tag, Nelson. The guy was so charming, he even got folks to try chocolate chip cookies with barbecue sauce.
- I never had a chance to get a flu shot because the docs have tole me my health hasn’t been strong enough.
- Credit goes to that LiberallyLean.com guy for finding this article about the wife of the pastor of Highland Park Presbyterian Church who bought a gun at a Dallas gun shop and then shot herself in the parking lot. Surprisingly, this is been a real quiet story around these here parts.
- An article about what goes one behind the scenes when Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are in the broadcast booth. It’s a 2013 article but it’s about a game back in 2010. I guess it makes sense, but I didn’t realize they have to suck on a bunch of cough drops on game day to keep their voices fresh. There’s also a small quip about how Aikman parks just about where ever he wants at Cowboys Stadium. I also didn’t realize the broadcast booth is underneath his Ring of Honor name. A lot of folks also seem to forget that Buck is three years older than Aikman. It also states that he only wears his Super Bowl XXX ring (because it’s the biggest) and before a reply is aired to the viewing audience he’s able to see it two or three times. Lastly, I learned it was someone’s job to hold a sign up to Buck signaling yardage gain or lost on each play.
- In an interview yesterday Daryl “Moose” Johnston suggested that the Jets hire Norv Turner as the new offensive coordinator and do what they can to get Alex Smith. That actually sounds like a pretty good idea.
- Hollywood Height Chart
- Christian conservative leader Tony Perkins is upset about yoga classes being offered to military members because it acts as a substitute for a personal relationship with God.
- In Jimmy Kimmel’s first night against Leno and Letterman, he won the ratings battle with Letterman coming in second and Leno third. I’m not sure if he can keep it up, but I do have a feeling he’ll be still more Leno viewers than Letterman viewers. Local results were a bit different.
- I always found NBC5’s Matt Barrie annoying. Now he’s leaving for a job at ESPN.
- Something for my fellow “Arrested Development” fans, here’s the latest news on the series that will air on Netflix.
- Highlighting Is A Waste of Time: The Best and Worst Learning Techniques
- Everything you wanted to know about Flo the Progressive Insurance girl. I was surprised to find out she was in an episode of “Mad Men”.
- Kelly Clarkson will perform at the Presidential Inauguration and it’s rumored that Beyonce will as well, which makes for a strong Texas representation. Clarkson is a bit interesting as she was a Ron Paul supporter, so good for her for putting politics aside.
- Python hunting starts this Saturday in Florida. A grand prize of $1,500 will go to the hunter who kills the most pythons and another $1,000 will be awarded for the longest python.
- Random tip: Use a clothespin to hold a nail while hammering.
- Australia Is So Hot They Had To Add a New Color to the Weather Map
- Left in lieu of a tip
- RGIII injury humor
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink