Bag of Randomness
- Now that every car insurance company has some sort of app on the market for a smart phone, instead of having to have a paper copy of your insurance in your glove compartment, drivers should just be able to pull it up on their phone and present that when asked.
- As much as I don’t like the Cowboys wearing their dark blue jerseys, I miss it when they don’t wear them when they play at Washington.
- That ‘Super Committee’ isn’t going to get anything done, I’m sure we all saw that one coming . . . from a mile away.
- It’s that time of the year for Lexus to make me feel like I give crappy Christmas presents to my wife.
- It was nice to see Baylor beat Oklahoma this weekend, but seriously, it’s their first win against them in 20 tries.
- It seems like every Baylor game I watch in which they win, they storm the field. I guess they don’t win much down there.
- Lucky for Baylor fans, for the next year, they tell all their UT, A&M, and Tech friends they finished ranked higher than any other Texas Big XII school.
- Best shirt I saw a Baylor student wear during the game was a take off that red Angry Bird we all see, but this one was a yellow shirt with a brown bear that looked really similar to that red bird.
- One student had a sign that read “At Baylor we love Jesus, Ken Starr, and RGIII.”
- I thought it was a darn shame to see Oklahoma State lose on Friday, especially having to play after learning two coaches associated with the university died in a plane crash.
- Funny Occupy Wall Street picture
- A TBS Black History minute from 1991 feature a Barack Obama who wasn’t even married to Michelle.
- Speaking of the First lady, she and Dr Jill Biden were at a NASCAR event and was booed, but I think some folks are making a bigger deal out of it than what it is.
- I caught a segment on the CBS Evening News about the new Smithsonian’s First lady exhibit. A few things stood out. The first time the term ‘First Lady’ was used was by President Zachary Taylor when he eulogized Dolly Madison. Before that time, terms such as “lady presidentress” or “republican queen” were used.
- Whatever you may think of the Occupy Movement, I think you have to be impressed with the students at UC Davis all remaining silent when the chancellor walks to her vehicle. That’s some serious cooperation by a bunch of upset college kids.
- I was annoyed at my our Sunday school teacher yesterday. The lesson was over how to study the Bible and she chose the parable of the prodigal son and took the who, what, why, when, and where approach. There’s nothing wrong with that, except she ignored the when and where and told the class to do that on their own. I find it vitally important to understand the audience, the culture, and the time period of who Jesus was talking to. Heck, I find that stuff mostly ignored and think it’s almost foundational to bible study, and its the reason why most passages are misunderstand. For instance, you’ve heard the passage about ‘turning the other cheek’ and people stating it means to be a pacifist, but in reality, it teaches the lesson of taking the power away from someone to further humiliate you, and you miss that point entirely if you don’t take the time to learn about the culture and the time they lived in..
- A list of “naughty” words not allowed on personalized jerseys at the NFL Shop
- You know that female voice you hear at the airport? Here’s the face behind the voice.
- A high school so small there’s a football team but no cheerleaders, so the moms decided they would become the team’s cheerleaders.
- A purse snatcher was caught by a mob, and they decided to strip him naked as punishment. If that wasn’t embarrassing enough, he was pelted with coins and plastic bottles. Article and Video
- A puppy got loose on the freeway in Phoenix after its owner got into a car crash. Here’s video of the rescue, the drama starts around the 20-second mark.
- Buzz Lightyear went to infinity and beyond, and one unfortunate place – TMZ.
- Six minutes of a horse and a dog playing with each other.
- If you are a mountain biker and a dog lover, here’s the perfect video for you.
- For you video game lovers: Jilted man uses engagement ring to buy full size Halo armor
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink