Bag of Randomness
- I should have mentioned this back on Monday, but many thanks to the reader that sent our son a personalized Christian music CD. Every song on the CD has his name included in the lyrics. No name was provided on the package, but we just wanted to say thanks.
- I enjoyed HBO’s Hard Knocks last night. Going into it, I didn’t realize Miami Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland was born in Abilene and was a place kicker at Baylor. I know Baylor had a good year last year and all, but I’m not so sure about putting your football personnel decisions in the hands of a Baylor player. Who knows, maybe Ireland will prove me wrong.
- Ryan Tannerhill’s wife is a big hit on the web, and she’s attractive and all, but I don’t think she’s as great as many make her out to be.
- Andy Reid is the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles and his son was recently found dead at camp. I found it interesting that New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick flew on New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson’s private plane with other members of the Saints to attend the funeral. Those football connections run pretty tight.
- I often wonder what the political landscape would be if Tim Russert was still alive because I think he was that good at questioning and extremely well respected. He’s credited for coming up with red states and blue states.
- Interesting tweet from Dara Torres that got me thinking, “I feel bad for the athletes who get judged (swimmers r lucky they get timed), just so unfair and biased sometimes….”
- Infograph: The Church and Social Media
- Connection Between Quakes and Underground Frack-water Disposal Looks Solid
- Chick-fil-A offset coupons
- I think I’ve only eaten at Taco Bell a total of three times in my life. I’ve eaten at Taco Bueno much more, it’s more bueno.
- A nice skyline view of Dallas
- 50 Free Things to do in Dallas
- I think WifeGeeding is trying to persuade me to sell the house and move to a former city she was employed as a kindergarten teacher. #developing
- Andy Murray’s dogs wearing his Olympic medals
- Is it disrespectful to not address the Pope or Dalai Lama as “Your Holiness” if you are an atheist?
- One Clue To Romney’s Veep Pick: Whose Wiki Page Is Getting The Most Edits?
- Rod Carew tells Adam Sandler he’s not Jewish
- The View From the End of the Great Wall of China
- I didn’t know that there was an abandoned subway station at Knox-Henderson in Dallas.
- Daniel Day-Lewis embodies ‘Lincoln’ in Steven Spielberg’s historical drama
- Gallup ranks Utah best state to live in future, West Virginia dead last
- For some reason I have a bad feeling about USA Basketball.
- Just a dog swimming with dolphins
- The 10 Most Beautiful Homes in Dallas 2012
- The story of the Chinese hurdler with the Achilles injury will be one of the most touching moments of this Olympiad.
- U.S. Military Olympians [Edited with an updated link, but not the original since I coudn’t locate it.]
- Can you guess the most popular Beatles song on iTunes? Answer
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink