- I’ve had a good bit of luck repairing my laptop’s oddly wired power harness and replacing my Chromebook’s screen by buying discounted parts off eBay and finding tutorials on YouTube. So now I’m going to try to replace my phone’s cracked screen. Last night I found a bunch of helpful videos and bought the replacement screen for only five bucks with free shipping. Of course, now I feel like I’ve jinxed myself by talking about this beforehand. “Well done is better than well said.”
- You see a lot of local commercials for Dr David Kim for bariatric or gastric surgery. One man used him for the gastric sleeve procedure and lost a lot of weight, mainly because to his surprise his legs were amputated.
- If I’m correct, DeMarco Murray is in the last year of his contract. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Jerry doesn’t re-sign him after the season and get a newly reinstated Adrian Peterson for a bit of a discount as other teams avoid him for his recent transgressions.
- If I’m reading the Cornell University website correctly, freshmen have to take a swimming test and if they don’t pass, have to enroll in a swimming course.
- I wonder if “freshman” will change to a gender neutral term one day. I’m not saying I’m for or against the idea, just wondering if it will change.
- I’m not a fan of HOAs and I’m not a fan of my HOA charging a fee to pay our semi-annual dues online, means I write a check for it and send it snail mail to save a tiny chunk of change. I think these are the only two checks I write a year.
- Gross or genius? French officials announced a law change that will allow homeowners to install toilets in their kitchens and living rooms – It does of course remind me of a scene in Idiocracy.
- Nome, Alaska is moving forward with plans to tax churches.
- Top 100 places to work in DFW – 2014 – It was a bit surprising to see a church in the small companies list. Moldy, I do believe that’s your church. Well, not your church but the one you attend.
- I’ve never used an emoji.
- Florida man assaults girlfriend after she makes pancakes instead of waffles for birthday
- DART posted a time-lapse video of a rail replacement that’s actually pretty neat, but it’s quite long – YouTube
- Paddington Bear creator’s shock as film is deemed ‘unsuitable for young children’
- ‘Runner’s high’ can turn into a real addiction
- Happy birthday, Richard.
- patricia: People are so funny; this prank shows us some very polite and decent reaction. I feel better about people...
- patricia: Good thoughts in your comment. This is a great attitude.I've lived in communities that are different...
- blurdo: I saw the grammar/spelling comment yesterday. I have to admit that I'm "that guy" who gets...
- steve: You do understand that you misspelled "grammar"? Or were you talking about your dad's mother...
- steve: Re; Your punct/sp/gr woes. Two anecdotes. An extremely overextended friend who is a slumlord was asked how he...
Looking For Something?
Support a BoN Sponsor
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From
Support a BoN Sponsor