- When you consider how much John Kennedy’s Catholic faith was a concern in a presidential election about 55 years ago, that is quite an amazing picture as every person in that picture is Catholic.
- I always heard that House Speaker John Boehner could be set toA tears easily, but I just brushed it off as one of those things people just try to exaggerate. Then I watched the beginning of the Pope’s speech, and right after he said “land of the free and the home of the brave” in his opening remarks, the Speaker just broke down.
- As old as Pope Francis is (78), I’m a bit amazed at how well he gets around with just one lung.
- When the Pope is in town, this is what a locked up mailbox looks like.
- For over twenty years, I would go to sleep with the television on set to a sleep timer, and I was very thankful that I married someone in which this habit doesn’t bother her one iota. But for the last eight months or so, I’ve been listening to podcasts while trying to fall asleep. Recently I listened to Penn Jillette on Alec Baldwin’s “Here’s The Thing”. In this episode, Gillette, a well-known atheist, talks about how well religious people have treated him, and how as a kid in his youth group he would ask his ministers many questions which lead him to become a non-believer. His parents were devout, but his mother ended up as an atheist at 85. That whole segment starts at the 5:43 mark and ends around 10:15. Baldwin does drop one GD, in case you are sensitive to that sort of thing.
- A Bible lesson from a friend – Teaching: Is the Bible True? Is It Authoritative?
- @jeffpearlman – On Yom Kippur, and why—despite no real faith in God—I keep attending services
- Yesterday I installed a solar powered motion detector light on the side of the house, high above our master bathroom window.
- The Angry Birds movie trailer was released this week and the movie will hit theaters in May 2016. I think they are at least two years too late on maximizing the potential of that that fad.
- Buzzfeed – Netflix Has Found The Binge-Watching Point Of No Return – Notables: ‘Breaking Bad’ – Episode 2, ‘House of Cards’ – Episode 3; ‘Mad Men’ – Episode 6
- YouTube – Guy scares bear from out under his deck, the bear looks at him straight in the eyes and leaves a goodbye present.
- Local youth sports news – When a little league coach turned to shut down a heckler at a girls’ basketball game, she knew he was an off-duty police officer, but she never imagined she’d end up facing a year of jail time.
- I heard on the radio that tomorrow is National Public Lands Day, so that means free entrance to national and state parks. So if you Texans ever wanted to climb any of the Guadalupe Mountains, hike Big Bend, or explore Fort Davis, it won’t cost you anything but time.
- Matthew McConaughey’s brother gets year supply of beer for naming son Miller Lyte
- Redskins Thank All 7 Fans for Sending Them Off to New York
- An interactive graphic that shows you how many years you probably have left to live.
- Dang, Woody Harrelson Looks Pretty Great As LBJ, Too – Two LBJ’s movies hitting theaters? There’s a term for this, twin films.
- The Verge – Steven Soderbergh might be making an interactive movie for HBO –
‘It will require a new Emmy category, and we will be the only eligible nominee’
- The 9/11 Virtual Reality Experience That Nobody Has Been Waiting For
- The Donald: Several years ago I stayed at the Polynesian also. As I recall, it was about this time of year –...
- thatguy: jet fuel can melt creosote soaked beams. apparently.
- Melissa: and a good time was had by all…and remember you are NEVER too old for Disney! love y'all got to...
- Bryan: I’m on day 4 of a 7 day WDW trip for my daughter’s 5th birthday. It’s been 11 years since...
- Dude: I am so happy for you guys, the reveal video was priceless.
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From