- Two lines in sitcoms from last night that stuck with me:
- A baby girl always steals her mother’s beauty.
- It’s fun when your kids get your best qualities, but it’s a kick in the gut when they pick up stuff you hate about yourself.
- A long time ago before a trip I longed planned, I got sick the day before the flight and didn’t enjoy my time away. That’s one reason I don’t like to travel or get anxiety booking something like a concert, I have this fear I’m going to get sick leading up to the event.
- The other day I thanked a customer service representative and she responded with, “It was my extreme pleasure.” Extreme was a little extreme. And in case you are wondering, it wasn’t Chick-fil-A.
- I know Stevie Wonder has already done a carpool karaoke with James Corden, but I think a good marketing opportunity for an autonomous car company would be to do another with him behind the wheel.
- It’s no Nissan Leaf, I tell ya – Tesla Model S breaks acceleration record with Ludicrous Mode
- In a recent Motor Trend test, the Model S P100D hit 0-60 mph in 2.275507139 seconds using a new Easter egg mode called Ludicrous+. No production car has ever cracked 2.3 seconds during the magazine’s testing, it said.
- Although the S P100D’s acceleration times are impressive for a stock electric vehicle, Motor Trend said it loses its advantage to other supercars at higher speeds, where horsepower wins out over instant torque. The Ferrari LaFerrari, for example, reaches 70 mph a tenth of a second quicker, while the Porche 918 and McLaren P1 win out at 80 mph.
- The Big 12 should have done something similar to this right after the Pepper Hamilton report was released. It doesn’t take Axel Foley to know something was up when only an oral report was provided. But then again, what can one expect from such a weakly lead conference. Heck, they don’t even live up to the name with 12 teams in their conference.
- Big 12 to withhold future payments to Baylor – The Big 12 Conference voted to withhold 25% of any future revenue distribution payments to Baylor University, the league announced on Wednesday. The conference says the payments will be held pending the conclusion of a third-party verification review which required the school to change its athletics procedures and to institute governance of Baylor’s athletics programs.
- I knew the Big 12’s headquarters is done the road from GeedingManor but didn’t know this, from its Wikipedia page – The Big 12 Conference is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization incorporated in Delaware.
- You may not have noticed, but I haven’t made a Trump reference in two days. It’s hard not to, he’s doing so much so fast and he’s all over the news and social media. I feel like he’s into the swing of things, faster than others in recent memory. But I’m curious how he’ll handle the first major incident or tragedy and becomes comforter in chief.
- I wish I had enough self-confidence in myself as the president does in himself.
- Sadly, may who have signed aren’t as well renowned or respected by those in my evangelical circles – 100 evangelical leaders sign ad denouncing Trump’s refugee ban
- Signees include Pastor Timothy Keller of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York, Christian author Ann Voskamp, Bill and Lynne Hybels of Willow Creek Community Church, preacher and author Max Lucado, Pastor Eugene Cho of Quest Church and Leith Anderson, president of the National Association of Evangelicals.
- While the advertisement is signed by evangelical heavyweights, several evangelical leaders who backed Trump during the campaign are supporting the ban. They include Ralph Reed, chairman of the Faith and Freedom Coalition; Franklin Graham of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association; and the Rev. Robert Jeffress of First Baptist Church in Dallas.
- How the first nuclear bomb test is helping scientists learn about the Moon’s formation – Glass from the Trinity test site is helping us figure out the birth of our lunar companion
- We finally have a computer that can survive the surface of Venus – Sulphuric rain is easy; not being cremated by 500°C or crushed by 90 atmospheres is hard.
- John Mackovic: I'm sure the people in Korea remember KAL 007
- DF Gas Man: Our Farter?
- DF of LL: RE: Snakes and Lizards First, I never had the talk with the parents, ever. So what I know, I learned on the...
- Andy: Thanks for the North Korean airspace video. Very interesting. My buddy used to dispatch internationally for...
- Dude: Texas Monthly is fine, they still crank out an occasional expose or two worth. D Magazine is my kryptonite....
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From