- For over a decade I’ve noticed this one church near the border of Lewisville and Flower Mound with a very tall cross, perhaps 40-feet in the air. It wasn’t large or unsettling to the eye, it was basically a very tall flag pole with a simple cross at the top, and I thought it was kinda cool. Recently I noticed the church has leased the space just underneath the cross and now it serves as a cell phone tower, which makes me uncomfortable for some reason. Here’s a pic if you are interested.
- About a decade ago WifeGeeding and I was in New York and invited for breakfast at a loyal reader’s house. In our email exchanged, he asked my breakfast preferences, and half jokingly, I stated as long as there wasn’t any seafood I’d be fine. Nothing grosses me out more than food from water and I thought there was no such thing as breakfast made from such stuff. But hey, I’m just a boy from the sticks and I was visiting the cultural melting pot of the world. Thankfully he and his wife cooked an amazing breakfast. However, last night while watching one of our new favorite sitcoms, ‘Life in Pieces’, they were eating something I’ve never heard of for breakfast, lox, which is brined salmon traditionally served on a bagel with cream cheese, and is usually garnished with tomato, sliced red onion, and sometimes capers.
- My sister says she loves me unconditionally except for how I “disgrace” my East Asian heritage by not eating anything from the water.
- I say “anything from water” instead of seafood because crawdads and catfish aren’t sea creatures. There’s probably a term that includes all of them, but I don’t know my enemy well enough.
- WifeGeeding isn’t much for cuddling, but I’m an advocate.
- The inside of this new passenger 787 without any seats looks fun to play in.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (someone I’ve always admired) had a good critique of Dirk Nowitzki up until he called him “a one trick pony.” Of all the responses, I liked Chandler Parsons’, “Carried franchise for almost 20 years, Finals MVP, regular season MVP, 6th all-time? Wish I was a 1-trick pony.“
- I know there’s a lot of drama going on with Cumulus Media (owners of The Ticket) management, and their stock was trading around a quarter, but I decided to roll the dice and pick up some shares earlier this week. Don’t take my investing advice, I’m no Peter Lynch nor have I slept in a Holiday Inn recently.
- Tomorrow is the birthday of that Wise County blogging lawyer. Whenever I reference him like, I’m reminded of a quote from one of my all-time favorite shows, ‘Ed‘ on NBC when he’s referred to as the bowling alley lawyer, “I am a lawyer, I own a bowling alley. Two separate things.“
- That Wise County blogging lawyer made a post yesterday about Martin Shkreli’s congressional hearing. Like many others, I thought the lady behind him looked like Spock in drag.
- Buzzfeed – A Mouse Has Died Inside A 155-Year-Old Mousetrap In A Museum Exhibit
- This concrete that comes in rolled sheets is an interesting product, they claim it’s cheaper and easier to use.
- Goofy interactive political site of the day that allows you to toot your own horn – TrumpDonald.org
- Quentin Tarantino can get a little too real sometimes – The victim was an authentic Martin from the 1870s, on loan from the Martin Guitar Museum, Ulano said, and everyone was pretty freaked out when they realized what happened.
- Oil-rich Venezuela is now importing U.S. oil
- Today’s dose of ‘MURICA! – The average American will spend 43 days of his life on hold – People who live in Kentucky are the fastest to hang up, followed by those in Ohio, North Carolina, New York and West Virginia. Meanwhile, people in Louisiana, Colorado, Florida, Illinois and Minnesota will stay on hold the longest.
- Consumerist – Hasbro, Mattel Reportedly Talking About Making One Big Toy Company To End All Others – There’s a Monopoly joke somewhere in there.
- Imgur – I checked the Rotten Tomatoes percentage for every Best Picture nominee in Academy history. Here’s who they think should’ve won
- An air of mystery – Schlitterbahn: World’s tallest water coaster coming to Galveston – Schlitterbahn’s MASSIV watercoaster under construction in Galveston will be 926 feet long and will be the world’s tallest watercoaster, with the exact height and opening date yet to be announced
- The Olympic was the sister ship of the Titanic. Here’s a picture of it before the Titanic sank, and here’s a picture of it after the sinking, complete with lifeboats.
- John Mackovic: They just showed that valentine's map on the Channel 11 news – and they had blurred out...
- sara: That was sooooo on purpose. I don't care how much $$ and fame he's got, I don't and never have...
- tommy: Sexual assault and rape is a police matter.. start there.
- Geeding: You right! How the heck did I forget she was in the remake?
- John Mackovic: "The way I see it, if you are going to tile your floor, why not do it with some style?"
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From