- Yesterday was the last day of the school year for the kids and the first night of summer vacation was spent allowing them to stay up late and watch The Wizard of Oz on TMC. I started it with a trip to the doctor for a sinus infection.
- Amazing, and something I never thought could be done – Scorching-Hot Lava Evaporates Entire Lake in Hawaii
- Fiery lava from Hawaii’s ongoing volcanic eruption has completely evaporated the water from Green Lake, the Big Island’s largest freshwater lake, according to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). The assassination by evaporation began this past Saturday morning (June 2), when lava from Fissure 8 flowed into the lake and boiled the water away. The lake didn’t go peacefully, either. Rather, the boiling water turned into a thick white plume that reached high into the sky, the USGS reported.
- A New Jersey special-education teacher willed a $1 million to her school district so it can be used on scholarships for special-education students.
- It involved a tomahawk – Grace Kelly, Alec Guinness, and the 26-Year-Long Practical Joke
- Religion News Service – Fewer couples are marrying in churches. Does it matter?
- The opinion piece points out the lack of church bells in churches nowadays, something so obviously true with all the modern church building but something I never thought about. My old church in Mineral Wells had a bell but I only recall it being rung once.
- Some folks tried to carjack a Nissan Leaf but they couldn’t figure out how to operate the car and as well as some other stuff.
- IHOP’s new name is confusing the masses. But for Arabic speakers, it’s always been IHOB.
- That’s because in the Arabic alphabet, no letter exists with a hard “p” sound, making it tough for Arabic speakers to pronounce the letter P. Arabs have worked around this issue with the closest alternative — the Arabic equivalent of the letter “B” (ب). Across the Middle East, Pepsi is known as “Bebsi.” Pizza is “bizza.”
- Kindergarten teachers are creating school lockdown nursery rhymes.
- This Dallas Morning News article starts off with topics common for anyone familiar with the Baptist faith and I’m sure really aren’t that controversial to any member of a Baptist church- Who is Robert Jeffress? A guide to the Dallas pastor’s controversies
- I like all these concept U.S. dollars by artist Andrey Avgust. There’s a video at the top of the page, but just scroll down and you can see all the images.
- AndreaJN: Hey @Michael, he’s got an eye twitch! Don’t nag if he can’t tell right from left 🙂
- Michael: Back row and second from the left? Really? Geeding, you -do- need to start proofreading…
- RPM: I first met Norm in the old Belo studios in downtown Dallas. I was a lowly long haired traffic reporter/intern...
- Susan: Yes, there was a return to normalcy yesterday. He said he received a lot of well-wishes, but he has comments...
- Triple Fake: I’m surprised he didn’t name it “Masters of the Universe Service”, with the...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From