- Yes, that is indeed the legendary Joe DiMaggio in an Oakland A’s uniform. Odd sight, isn’t it? DiMaggio retired as a Yankee in 1951 but lacked two years to qualify for the league’s maximum pension allowance. The A’s owner had just moved his the last-place Kansas City franchise to Oakland and was looking to make some PR and eventually convinced DiMaggio to sign a two-year contract as the A’s Executive Vice President and Consultant. It seems like the Rangers took a page from the A’s playbook when they moved to Texas and hired Ted Williams.
- Here’s an odd story out of Abilene. The police chief wrote on Facebook that the man at the intersection of Highway 83/84 and FM 707 is not homeless, not wheelchair-bound and makes $1,000 panhandling on the weekend. That man contacted a television news station to contradict those claims and stated, “I think the chief should walk a mile in my shoes.”
- Everyone remembers The Golden Girls on NBC, but many don’t remember the spinoff show with all the girls except for Dorothy. The spinoff show lasted one season on CBS and was named The Golden Palace, which I think sounds like a Chinese restaurant I once ate at in Oklahoma. Worth noting, the show also starred a young Don Cheadle as a hotel manager and Cheech Marin as a cook. Dorothy did make an appearance in two episodes. Oh, and the same theme song was used but wasn’t the beloved version you are used to.
- Amazon will fine sellers who ship products in oversized packaging
- Oscar Mayer is releasing a hot dog-infused ice cream sandwich
- Netflix explains why it snuck a physical activity tracker onto some phones – The were researching how to improve video quality when you’re on the go
- My father would have turned 96-years-old today. It is what it is.
- Geeding: I actually had to use the auger yesterday on the upstairs bathroom sink. I think I’ve used it for or...
- Bizarro Big Tex: I remember when the City Place development was announced. It was originally to feature two mirror...
- Ben W.: In honor of your mom, today I read some excerpts from The Portable Abraham Lincoln (a collection of his...
- Ricardo Perry: Star Trek: the motion picture tried the Voyager story. I thought it was a great idea. Unfortunately,...
- Ricardo Perry: A good mother is the first person you love and will always be the one who loves you the most. To your...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From