Bag of Randomness for Monday, July 15, 2019
- Because of a Groupon email, I decided to get a massage since my back has been a bit tight. While the masseuse was working on my back, she must have come across a pimple. She centered on it a bit, picking at it as if it was a scab, then, it felt like she squeezed and popped it. All of this was done without saying a word to me and she wasn’t wearing gloves or cleaned it up at all. I didn’t say anything about it and felt weirded out by the experience.
- There are a lot of great Ross Perot philanthropy stories, but one of my favorites was mentioned in the Dallas Morning News. In 1977, one of his daughters read an article in a classroom magazine about how the NYPD didn’t have enough money to replace their aging horses, so she asked her father buy new horsed for the NYPD as a Christmas present. He gave the NYPD 20 Tennessee Walking Horses which cost $50,000 and all the equipment which was needed. She got to name four: Lone Star, Liberty, Freedom, and Ross.
- Tonight, Norah O’Donnell takes over the permanent anchor of the CBS Evening News. O’Donnell grew up in San Antonio — between her, Scott Pelley, Bob Schieffer, Dan Rather, and Walter Cronkite, Texas roots almost seems to be a requirement.
- WifeGeeding took the kids with her when she had her annual checkup with her ophthalmic surgeon. It was the first time the doctor met the kids, and he introduced himself in a friendly and informal way by shaking their hands and saying, “Hello, I’m Grant.”
- Running with your arms bent does not make you go any faster than with straight arms, Harvard study finds
- I think my favorite line in the latest season of Stranger Things is, “You can’t spell America without Erica.”
- Should Neil Armstrong’s Bootprints Be on the Moon Forever? – With renewed interest in the moon, some say it’s time to consider whether, and how, to preserve humanity’s lunar heritage.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink