- This past weekend I heard a guy start a conversation with, “I first met my ex-wife as she was leaving her exam with her gynecologist, who was my father.”
- Random high school and college memory – Math books provided the answers to all even-numbered problems in the back.
- I’ve hired a carpet cleaner maybe four or five times over the years. The price is never the same as what I initially booked it for.
- King Naresuan of Thailand killed the Crown Prince of Burma in an elephant duel in 1593.
- Billy Joel’s We Didn’t Start the Fire was the No. 1 song in the U.S. back in December of 1989. The first words of the song are, “Harry Truman”. I wonder if Mr. Truman ever imagined his name would be at the beginning of a popular rock song.
- Norah O’Donnell has been named the 8th anchor in the history of the ‘CBS Evening News’ and will begin her tenure this summer replacing Jeff Glor who has only been in the lead anchor chair since December 2017. From what I read, it has more to do with the new CBS News president promoting her than it was of him not reaching expectations. I always felt O’Donnell came across as a little smug, a lot like Brian Williams, but I suppose that’s not a valid criticism. However, she annoys the heck out of me on Twitter whenever the State of the Union is on because all she does is copy and paste the speech from a version released early to the press as it’s happening. I’m not looking for commentary, but maybe a bit of insight and analysis. I do like the work of John Dickerson, even though he’s pretty vanilla but the guy knows his history. He’s got a great podcast on presidential history and trivia.
- For $250, Troy Aikman will record a personalized message for you. That’s a bargain compared to Brett Favre who will charge $500. However, when I first saw Aikman tweet about this, I swear I saw his price was only $75.
- Offices Can Be Hell for People Whose Brains Work Differently – Work spaces today come with strong smells, harsh light, lots of chatter, and constant messages on email or Slack. For neurodivergent people, this can be a big ask.
- Diagnosing (And Dealing With) Your Low-battery Anxiety
Some people are truly remarkable – everyone of us can do more.
This is how visually impaired people are able to experience soccer pic.twitter.com/UKXFmSB6Gf
— Vala Afshar (@ValaAfshar) May 4, 2019
Not only does Lady Mormont slay giants, your girl slays the dance floor! pic.twitter.com/VWijQeKdOM
— Liberty Biberty (@rmlundyjr) May 3, 2019