- I like to think I stay well-informed of current events and significant matters related to my state and family’s well-being, but I never heard of the Texas Department of Insurance until last night’s ‘CBS Evening News‘ – “The Texas Department of Insurance sets up mediations between insurance companies and out-of-network hospitals to resolve surprise medical bills.”
- In the news segment, an insured Austin area teacher had an emergency and visited an out-of-network hospital for three hours which resulted in a $6,720 bill. A few weeks after contacting the Texas Department of Insurance hotline, a contractual adjustment was made and brought her bill to zero.
- Here’s the direct link for a surprise medical bill which provides a hotline telephone number.
- WifeGeeding is reading the 2014 New York Times #1 bestseller The One & Only, a novel by Emily Giffin. The book is fiction but includes a lot of Dallas references, but none more notable to me than something TICKET related:
- Texas insurance surprise bill CBS news
- Non-Spoiler True Detective tidbits:
- This Vanity Fair article states eagle-eyed viewers would have caught a glimpse of the actor who played the shadowy billionaire owner of Hoyt Foods.
- This other Vanity Fair article compares the fictional chicken tycoon and with his the real-life inspiration, Tyson Foods C.E.O. Don Tyson, also of Arkansas.
Steven Spielberg and John Williams composing the score for E.T. This is filmmaking…truly wonderful. pic.twitter.com/aTTBoV4MXd
— Dharma Bhagalia (@Kloppholic) February 7, 2019
- Bryan B.: I was in the shower when the space shuttle sonic boom happened and my wife was asleep. I had to work that...
- Geeding: I wouldn’t have guessed that Peter Jennings would have done such a thing, and I totally forgot about...
- Bryan B.: Double post warning – I went to Wikipedia to refresh my memory on the history of New Coke and laughed...
- Bryan B.: I remember New Coke tasting a lot like Pepsi and I believe that was part of the goal of the new recipe. I...
- GW: Theta.
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From