- I like to think I stay well-informed of current events and significant matters related to my state and family’s well-being, but I never heard of the Texas Department of Insurance until last night’s ‘CBS Evening News‘ – “The Texas Department of Insurance sets up mediations between insurance companies and out-of-network hospitals to resolve surprise medical bills.”
- In the news segment, an insured Austin area teacher had an emergency and visited an out-of-network hospital for three hours which resulted in a $6,720 bill. A few weeks after contacting the Texas Department of Insurance hotline, a contractual adjustment was made and brought her bill to zero.
- Here’s the direct link for a surprise medical bill which provides a hotline telephone number.
- WifeGeeding is reading the 2014 New York Times #1 bestseller The One & Only, a novel by Emily Giffin. The book is fiction but includes a lot of Dallas references, but none more notable to me than something TICKET related:
- Texas insurance surprise bill CBS news
- Non-Spoiler True Detective tidbits:
- This Vanity Fair article states eagle-eyed viewers would have caught a glimpse of the actor who played the shadowy billionaire owner of Hoyt Foods.
- This other Vanity Fair article compares the fictional chicken tycoon and with his the real-life inspiration, Tyson Foods C.E.O. Don Tyson, also of Arkansas.
Steven Spielberg and John Williams composing the score for E.T. This is filmmaking…truly wonderful. pic.twitter.com/aTTBoV4MXd
— Dharma Bhagalia (@Kloppholic) February 7, 2019
- Scooter: Dr. Funk is one of the coolest guys in the game..Wonderful Gentleman
- Bryan B.: My mother has threatened to haunt my brother and I from beyond if we use a bad photo of her for her obit or...
- Bryan B.: The scene in my living room last night after watching the Toy Story 4 trailer: Me (to wife): Why are you...
- AndreaJN: 20 hours – that’s amazing! She must have really loved it! I listened to all the Harry Potter...
- Bizarro Big Tex: I think I would burn that house down immediately and build the next house on stilts. The only thing...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From