- “Bono” the Havanese has won the toy group at the Westminster Dog Show. The Havanese is the national dog of Cuba and the breed has never won Best In Show but gets a chance to tonight at Madison Square Garden. DogGeedingII is a Havanese and was a gift from DaughterGeeding’s godmother. I can’t help but root for Bono tonight.
- Like everyone else, we watched the documentary Abbducted in Plain Sight airing on Netflix and our jaws dropped at everything like everyone else. After a third of the way in you can’t believe you hit peak craziness only to find there’s much more to go.
- “At some point in every story, I wanted my reader to think, ‘I didn’t know that.’ If I accomplished that, I succeeded as a writer that day.”
- That’s from Rick Gosselin’s last column as a regular columnist for the Dallas Morning News. That about sums what I try to do with this blog.
- Things I did not know about Joe Namath (from yesterday’s Peter King article):
- He threw 47 more interceptions than touchdowns.
- He Namath was the first man ever to throw for 4,000 yards in a season—he did it in 1967, in a 14-game season, and no quarterback did it again till after the league moved to a 16-game season 11 years later.
- Red Cashion is dead. NFL fans of the Nineties should easily remember the NFL referee for his charismatic first down calls. He seemed to ref a lot of Cowboys games and was so popular John Madden had him do voice work for his video game.
- The Houston Chronicle and The San Antonio Express-News are running a three-piece investigation series on sexual misconduct in the Southern Baptist churches, examining federal and state court databases, prison records and official documents from more than 20 states and by searching sex offender registries nationwide. The last past comes out today.
- Marina Amaral is a digital colorist living in Brazil. She restores and colorizes black and white photographs and a good follow on Twitter. This photo she does of Abraham Lincoln is a bit haunting and too lifelike.
Colorized by me: Abraham Lincoln. pic.twitter.com/NY3VYpZWBM
— Marina Amaral (@marinamaral2) February 9, 2019
- Laura: Not at all, but I walked right by you guys as you were taking those pictures I see today!
- Bryan B.: I only know where Lindale is because, back around 2004 or so, my mother in law had to go work one day in...
- Geeding: Ah, heck, I wish you would have stopped by. I would have loved to have introduced my family. It’s...
- Ben W.: I get that (I’m a lawyer), but following the ADA guidelines on what businesses can ask couldn’t...
- Bryan B.: I work for a business that has a vested interest in limiting non-quarantined animals on property and our...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From