- I’m a government contractor. Fortunately for me, my project is deemed “essential” and I’m still working with pay. Not all my coworkers are as fortunate. A lot of us who are able to work with pay will voluntarily donate some of our earned vacation time carried over from last years so those who can’t work can still get a full paycheck.
- Though it shouldn’t, rhetoric most likely will win over any logic or fact.
- A new adults-only restaurant named RM 12:20 Bistro has opened in Lake Highlands. The name is biblically inspired:
- The restaurant name, RM 12:20, is meant to be pronounced “R-M-twelve-twenty.” It’s a reference to a Bible verse from the book of Romans: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”
- Interesting and entertaining answers to this question posted on Twitter – Poll for pastors: What is the strangest criticism you have received?
- I had no idea actor/comedian/director/writer Albert Brooks‘ real name is Albert Einstein, something I only discovered because of his brother, Bob Einstein (better known as Super Dave Osborne or Marty Funkhouser), died yesterday.
- The family saw Mary Poppins Returns. When I watched the original as a kid, it felt wrong of me to be attracted to the lead character for some strange reason. I felt the same way watching this remake. The family loved the film, I thought it was just OK. As much as I like Emily Mortimer, I thought she was a bit old for the role of Jane. I thought the adult version of Michael Banks should have had red hair, like the kid in the original, and his mustache was distracting because I thought it was going to fall off at all times. It was certainly worth seeing a ninety-something-year-old Dick Van Dyke jump on and off a desk and do a jig. When people say they want to live to close to a hundred years, they mean doing so with the same vitality as Dyke. I read Emily Blundt didn’t watch the Julie Andrews film but instead focused on the books, which has a more direct and eccentric version of Poppins. I thought it showed, in a good way.
- How basketball court lines are painted
- NASA’s New Horizon spacecraft is sending back some interesting photos of the furthest known object in our solar system (or something like that) but let’s not forget the greatness Cassini gave us. This video is an assemblage of still images.
Absolutely beautiful video created using still images taken by the Cassini spacecraft during its flyby of Jupiter and while at Saturn. Shown is Io and Europa over Jupiter's Great Red Spot and then Titan as it passes over Saturn and it's edge-on rings. NASA/JPL/Kevin M. Gill pic.twitter.com/BWaVP5h6Ob
— Domenico Calia (@CaliaDomenico) January 1, 2019
- Planets of the solar system – tilts and spins
- Scooter: Dr. Funk is one of the coolest guys in the game..Wonderful Gentleman
- Bryan B.: My mother has threatened to haunt my brother and I from beyond if we use a bad photo of her for her obit or...
- Bryan B.: The scene in my living room last night after watching the Toy Story 4 trailer: Me (to wife): Why are you...
- AndreaJN: 20 hours – that’s amazing! She must have really loved it! I listened to all the Harry Potter...
- Bizarro Big Tex: I think I would burn that house down immediately and build the next house on stilts. The only thing...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From