- We walked into our local Whataburger for lunch on Saturday and while waiting in line struck up a conversation with two members of the Black Daggers, one of the Army’s parachute demonstration teams. The guys were beyond friendly and started to banter with the kids, and on the whim, I bought their lunch. The guys decided to sit next to our family and we peppered them with all sorts of questions about jumping out of planes. They were kind enough to show us pictures and videos on their phones from previous jumps and from a jump earlier that morning for a local event. When asked about the coolest place or event they jumped into, they said landing at Arrowhead Stadium for the start of a Chiefs game was pretty dynamic. One of them said the most jumps he made in a day was fourteen.
- Even though we drive an electric car, it still has a standard 12-volt car battery. The one in our car recently died.
- I skimmed First Baptist Dallas’ Dr. Robert Refress’ Twitter feed and noticed he’s mentioned his appearance on Fox News, disagreeing with Bob Woodward, the hurricane, and plugging his own book, but hasn’t mentioned anything about the tragedy of the off-duty Dallas cop who shot a man in his own apartment thinking it was her apartment – something in his own backyard. Talk about a missed opportunity to minister to those in your own community who are questioning what’s right and just in a complex situation. The scene of the crime/accident is less than 1.5 miles from his church.
- WFAA did a very petty thing and Twitter-blocked local critic Ed Bark, but the station later remedied the situation.
- North Texas explains the (amazingly elaborate) FAKE FAIR CATCH touchdown trick
- I think it would be beyond awesome if President Trump tweeted college football opinions throughout Saturdays. It would be epic to see how fan bases would erupt.
- Les Wexner renounces Republican Party affiliation after Obama stops in Columbus
- At an Ohio event where Obama made an unannounced stop on Thursday on his way to his Cleveland rally, one of the state’s biggest GOP donors announced he’d quit the party and likes what the former president has been saying lately about civility
- Sleazy Deceptive Politics – Ted Cruz Campaign is Mailing Donation Requests Disguised as Legal Summonses
- The Federalist – How Denying Infant Baptism Leads To Leftist Politics
- Not much of a role model – Vontae Davis Quit Bills, Retired at Halftime of Loss vs Chargers
- Jury: Crossroads megachurch in Grand Prairie must pay couple nearly $4M after using retirement money to expand
- All presidential administrations stage photos, but this one released by the White House is a bit ostentatious. I wonder what was going through Vice-President Pence’s mind? “He’s not wearing a tie, so I’ll take mine off, Mother told me to mimic him. I’ll also strike the arms-crossed pose that he likes.”
- Hong Kong typhoon footage
— Saunic 🇭🇰 (@Saunic) September 16, 2018
- Richard Marx tweeting some shade at Kenny Loggins.
- This guy has a fan for life.
Shoutout Josh Donaldson for giving this little guy the memory of a lifetime pic.twitter.com/qJKiP6N2Mo
— Starting 9 (@Starting9) September 15, 2018
- I thought the USC/Texas game was fun to watch, but this woman may not have thought so.
— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) September 16, 2018