- Day 2 started with the Star Tours and Space Mountain. Both loved by everyone.
- We ate breakfast with Minnie and some of her friends.
- Splash Mountain cooled us off.
- It was beginning to get crowded and hot so we left Disneyland and headed to the beach.
- We went to Huntington Beach which was about 30 minutes from our hotel, but took probably 45 minutes just to park.
- Not to brag, but while y’all were experiencing 100 plus temperatures, the weather was 78 degrees and actually a little chilly.
- We rented an umbrella and settled in for the afternoon.
- This was the first time the kids had ever been to the beach and they LOVED it!
- DaughterGeeding stayed out in the water yelling at the waves. She would yell, “Retreat!” then run back a little.
- She finally had the opportunity to bury someone in the sand.
- Being her first time at the beach she didn’t expect to get sand in her swimsuit and it stay there. A very unusual feeling.
- BoyGeeding played in the sand building a sandcastle and protecting Luke Skywalker’s home planet of Tatooine.
- The water was freezing and I didn’t think I would get much deeper than my feet, but eventually ventured out waist deep and was able to catch some awesome waves.
- Keith threw in some learning about why there is high tide and low tide. See, we could totally homeschool.
- People in California are very laid back, at least the ones we saw at the beach. Playing their music, riding bikes, and rollerblading.
- It started to get a little cooler so we packed up and headed back to Anaheim to squeeze in one or two more rides.
- We had a Fast Pass for Soarin’ one more time and then thought we could make it over to Disneyland for Space Mountain; however, one of the screens at Soarin’ was broken so even though we had a Fast Pass it took 30 minutes just to get on the ride. Micah was in tears because she was so tired. Again, Keith talked to her and calmed her down.
- Two of my favorite things-Disney and the beach all in one day with people I love. Doesn’t get much better.
This entry was posted in Goofy
. Bookmark the permalink