- Our flight out of DFW was delayed a few times, but we finally got on the plane around 9:00 and headed west.
- DaughterGeeding figured it out that if she let her brother sit by the window on the way there she would get the window seat on the way back when it was daylight and get to see more. Smart girl.
- We landed at LAX and took a shuttle to the car rental place. Getting out of the airport area was crazy with all the traffic, but with the help of Google Maps we made it to Anaheim.
- It was around 12:30 (California time) when we made it to The Grand Californian. When Keith planned the trip we were going to stay at Paradise Pier, but because Expedia overbooked they paid the difference and put us up in The Grand Californian. Side note…Keith and I stayed at the Grand Floridian for out honeymoon.
- Once we were in our room everyone’s second wind hit. BoyGeeding was jumping on the bed. Keith ordered room service. DaughterGeeding checked out the room. And I tried to prepare for the next day.
- When we opened the curtains in our room to check out the view this is what we saw.
- We woke early the next morning so that we could grab a bite to eat for breakfast and be at the park when it opened. One park a day is opened earlier to the guests who stay inside the park. California Adventure opened at 8:00 to guests and 9:00 for the rest of the public.
- Because I bought our park tickets (Clarification: Keith bought the tickets) using the app on my phone we were given paper tickets the first time we entered the park and were told that those would be our permanent tickets. The cast member also took our picture that corresponded with each ticket so no one else could use it.
- As soon as we got into the park I was able to get FastPass tickets for Toy Story. We had about an hour and a half before that so we tried to find some rides, but nothing was opened. What was the point of having the park open early if you couldn’t do anything? We eventually found some rides and ended up on Soarin’, Guardians of the Galaxy, and The Little Mermaid. None of us had been on Soarin’, but had hear good things about it. We all loved it! DaughterGeeding and BoyGeeding did Guardians of the Galaxy (which is Tower of Terror at Disney World) for the first time. BoyGeeding hated it, but DaughterGeeding enjoyed it.
- Even though I have one eye I beat everyone in Toy Story.
- The worst ride was Goofy’s Flying School. Way too jerky! Not a good one for Keith’s back. Our room faced that ride so that afternoon we stood on the balcony and waved at everyone on the ride.
- BoyGeeding was afraid of the ferris wheel, but Keith spoke with him and by the end of the ride he was smiling. It was a sweet moment.
- All 4 of us had Fast Pass tickets for the Incredicoaster (Incredibles roller coaster). Keith and I rode it first. It was awesome! Keith couldn’t wait to get DaughterGeeding and do it again with her. I was a little woozy so needed to sit with BoyGeeding for a little bit. DaughterGeeding loved it and kept asking to ride it again the rest of the trip.
- While eating lunch a Mariachi band came up and played some songs. As they were leaving they came up to our table and played “Happy Birthday”.
- After an afternoon rest in our room we headed back out, but to Disneyland this time. We rode Peter Pan, Pirates of the Carribean, the teacups, Buzz Lightyear, Indiana Jones, and Haunted Mansion.
- Dinner was at our hotel that night. Either the waitress made a mistake or was being really nice and only charged us for 2 people. The waitress and her coworkers brought me a cupcake for my birthday and sang a their version of Happy Birthday.
- I’ve been working on this post since Friday. It is hard to find time while working and being a wife and mom so please bear with me. Plus, I’m not as fast as Keith with this blog stuff. Hopefully you will get to hear about the rest of the trip before October!
- For those of you that miss Keith’s Bag of Randomness-he will return.
This entry was posted in Goofy
. Bookmark the permalink