- That’s WifeGeeding’s father. No, not the one on the tailgate, the man standing up wearing the hat. I don’t have the details, but all I know is that he and his son caught that alligator and then the family ate it for dinner. I bet that was a great father and son bonding moment.
- When people tell me I’m a “country boy” because I’m from Mineral Wells, Texas, I have to explain to them there’s a difference between being a living in town and living in the country. I’m a simple town boy. Finding a gator and eating it for dinner doesn’t happen to us town folk.
- I haven’t had a really good deep sleep in a while but I did the other night and had a most excellent dream about discovering and watching three new episodes of ‘The Americans’ which added on to the finale.
- I bet a certain amount of my Wise County readers, and a handful elsewhere, felt a return to normalcy yesterday, for the most part, and the better.
- Once a year a student from Baylor University calls my cell phone asking me to donate funds, and each year I politely tell them no and ask them to remove my name from whatever list they may have. I’ve never provided my phone number to anyone at Baylor for anything. Perhaps a Baylor alumnus like WifeGeeding has been pranking me all these years.
- I saw a commercial for First Baptist Dallas’ upcoming “Freedom Sunday” ceremony which showed fireworks going off inside the sanctuary. Evangelical idiocracy is getting close to its peak when you have live fireworks inside a sanctuary. As you can see from the image below, first-time visitors also get a free copy of the Dr. Robert Jeffress’ latest book.
- If you are a fan of Dr. Jeffress, you can go to www.InspirationCruises.com and book a ten-day trip with him to Israel for next year.
- First Baptist Dallas ‘America is a Christian nation’ billboard removed
- My God, this is horrible – Texas deputy sexually assaulted undocumented immigrant’s child, sheriff says “The details of the case are quite frankly heartbreaking, disturbing, disgusting and infuriating all at the same time.”
- A Texas sheriff’s deputy was being held Monday on a charge of “super aggravated sexual assault” of a 4-year-old girl after authorities say her mother, an undocumented immigrant, was being blackmailed to stay silent about the abuse — or face deportation.
- Norm Hitzges recently did a Q&A interview for the Dallas Morning News. I wasn’t aware he had the first full-time sports talk show in morning drive time in the country.
- I got in a conversation with someone yesterday which made me track down a comment left on this blog six years ago. It’s funny the stuff that sticks with you.
- I’d say most of these parents have no idea they are doing it – ‘Helicopter Parenting’ linked to behavioural problems
- Trump says he’s directing Pentagon to create a new ‘Space Force’ – The name, ‘Space Force’, is rather prosaic and sounds like a bad cartoon. He should have used ‘Star Fleet’ just to tick off another segment of the population.
- Elon Musk emailed all of Tesla about attempted ‘sabotage’ by an employee
- I see commercials from TIME LIFE selling DVDs for old Johnny Carson shows. I think they’d make more money if they just ran old episodes on some channel in a time slot. If I was flipping channels and nothing was one, I’d tune in and take a trip down memory road. One channel did it for a while with old David Letterman ‘Late Night’ shows and it was fantastic.
space force pic.twitter.com/BTy0nLBZ6N
— Trump Draws (@TrumpDraws) June 19, 2018