Bag of Randomness for Tuesday, June 12, 2018
- I like this photo still, it looks like they are about to do the waltz with Trump taking the lead. It’s like a new reality show called “Dancing With The Enemy”.
- I’ve said it before, whether it’s a good thing or bad thing, don’t underestimate President Trump. No one thought he’d win a primary, much less the nomination or the presidency. I don’t know if he can pull off peace in the Korean peninsula, but I’m hopeful. Sure, I don’t agree with his politics nor do I like him personally, but I’d like to see the threat of nuclear war lessened and an improved life for the North Korean people.
- I’m not much of a lip reader, but from what I could tell, Trump’s first words to Kim Jong-un was, “Well, well, well, Little Rocket Man, you made it here after all.” Followed by, “No way this guy has a smaller waist than me, am I right, folks?”
- The arrangement of U.S. and North Korean flags is very surreal, I’d even say stunning, and something no one has ever seen. Heck, I doubt there’s ever been a comedy sketch with those flags hanging by each other.
- If I were Kim Jong-un, as a gesture of good will, I’d return the USS Pueblo, which I doubt President Trump even knows about. But then again, I’m sure most Americans aren’t familiar with it. The USS Pueblo is a U.S. Navy ship which was attacked and captured by North Korea in January 1968. It’s the only ship of the U.S. Navy still on the commissioned roster currently being held captive, North Korea uses it as a tourist attraction, and it remains the second-oldest commissioned ship in the U.S. Navy, behind USS Constitution, which was launched in 1797. Here’s an interesting tidbit about the sailors who were captured:
- In case you missed it, CNN did some aggressive reporting last night.
- The White House has a freelance chef who looks like a bodybuilder and has some of the most muscular and massive arms you’ll ever see. He can bench 700-pounds and has a bit of a Herschel Walker routine.
- In support of Mission 22, a campaign to combat the estimated 22 veteran suicides each day, Rush decided to do 2,222 push-ups per day.
- As I Lay Dying singer reunites with his Christian metal band after two-year prison term for hiring hit man to murder his wife
- Vice-President Pence is no stranger to speaking at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in downtown Dallas. He spoke there last month at the NRA Convention and he’ll speak there tomorrow at the Southern Baptist Convention annual meeting. I guess that speaks well of Dallas’ ability to book big meetings. Before his term expires, whenever that is, I bet he’ll speak at First Baptist Dallas.
- A customer spotted Warren Buffet and Mark Cuban eating at an Omaha Dairy Queen. Worth noting, DQ is a part of Berkshire Hathaway.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink