Bag of Randomness for Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- I was troubleshooting something the other day. I worked on it for hours and frustratedly found myself where I originally started. But after a short break and a moment of reflection, it occurred to me that even though I’m back where I started, I learned so much along the way. With that moment of clarity, I continued my work and found the solution in a relatively short amount of time.
- I’m not a fan of the giant inflatable lawn decoration or those projection lights. Both are a bit unstable for my tastes.
- We visited “our” Santa yesterday Vista Ridge Mall. He’s been doing the Santa gig at the same mall for thirteen years. Personally, I think he’ll outlive the mall. It was slow and I struck up a nice conversation with him. He told me the Santa he replaced looked very similar to him, especially the facial features around the eyes. Before he took over the reins, he and that Santa had dinner and talked about certain families who consistently visited, mannerisms, sayings, how to keep cool, hydration, and getting a better cushion for Santa’s chair.
- Yes, Scott, I know you proposed to your third wife in front of that Santa. You tell me the same damn story every year.
- Two things in Peter King’s MMQB which caught my attention and turned out to be controversial to some:
- “The Dolphins announced late in the week that all 75 players under contract to the team—active, injured reserve and practice squad—are now registered to vote, either in Florida or in the place they consider their permanent home.”
- Bono’s take on those demonstrating during the anthem: “America is not just a country. It’s an idea. It’s a great idea. It’s the best idea the world has ever had. And that’s why it’s okay for people to get carried away … and on that subject, if people want to show their patriotism a different way, you know, taking a knee and all that—I think people who care about their country can never be a problem. They want to make it better. The way they’re respecting their country, I wanted to pull out my jacket, stand by this country, say, ‘I believe in it.’”
- U2 Scores Eighth No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With ‘Songs of Experience’
- This tweet from a UK television station made me laugh.
- Though I never really liked the guy, I wonder what former NBC anchor Mike Snyder has been up to. The last time I thought of him was when he was setting up fake Facebook accounts and making comments on behalf of the Dallas Police and Fire Pension System.
- How Email Open Tracking Quietly Took Over The Web – A recent study found that one in five emails you open are tracked.
- I noticed Judge Roy Moore turned up the U.S. flag lapel pin game by including a cross. Personally, I think a Christian should treat the cross with more reverence.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink