Bag of Randomness for Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- I suffer a bit of anxiety when I see someone I know while grocery shopping and do my best to avoid them. It’s not because I dislike the person, but I feel like I’m forced into small talk, which I feel is full of false sincerity. I just want to complete my task and go home.
- When purchasing with cash I always feel rushed putting my change away, especially putting bills in my wallet. I prefer all my paper currency to be in a certain order all facing the same way.
- When I go to a friend or neighbor’s house and ring the doorbell and they don’t answer, I don’t know the adequate amount of time I should wait and leave. I’m also not sure when is the proper amount of time to ring the doorbell again, and always bothered when I can’t tell if the doorbell rang and should follow it up with a knock. I’m also somewhat annoyed when someone knocks on my door instead of ringing the doorbell.
- Even when I’m really sick and call in, I always feel a bit guilty.
- CBS11 now uses a drone with a camera attached to it and has named it Drone Force 11.
- Local Lamborghini theft –
- Bell admitted to WFAA that he and his friend William Caston, 18, went to the downtown Omni Hotel Sunday morning, temporarily blinded a valet by spraying him or her with a fire extinguisher, then grabbed the keys to a $300,000 Lamborghini Huracan and raced away down South Lamar. “I mean come on now, it’s a Lamborghini. Everybody want one of those. And plus I needed money. So I was gonna sell it,” Bell said. “I had a chop shop already lined up. Dude said he was gonna give me over 10-bandz [$10,000] for the car. So it was already in line.”
- I really didn’t know much about Jameis Winston other than his play on the football field, but from watching this season of ‘Hard Knocks’, he’s more committed to his profession and a better leader than I thought.
- I’ve had my hearing checked and my ears are functioning as they should, but I often feel I need people to repeat themselves. However, I just can’t bear to ask anyone to repeat themselves because it feels too darn awkward.
- I forgot in its final season, CBS moved ‘Murder She Wrote’ to Thursdays to compete with ‘Friends’. There was even an episode taking a shot at the sitcom.
- Maybe not so coincidentally, during that last season of the series there was an episode titled “Murder Among Friends,” where a TV producer is killed in her office after planning to get rid of a member of the cast of a fictional television show called Buds. Complete with its coffee shop setting and snarky repartee, Buds was a not-so-subtle stab at Friends, coming at a time when Murder, She Wrote was placed right against the hip ratings juggernaut. Putting the murder mystery aside for a moment, Fletcher takes plenty of jabs at Buds throughout, literally rolling her eyes at the thought of six twentysomethings becoming a hit because they sat around talking about their sexuality in every episode.
- If you are all caught up on ‘Game of Thrones’ and enjoy semi-dark humor, here’s a meme for you.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink