- DaughterGeeding’s fish, Penelope, died. She buried her under one of the trees in front of GeedingManor and made the above grave marker.
- The weather was fantastic yesterday. It would be great if every day in August was like that.
- First World Problem – Eating out and sitting at a table that rocks or isn’t balanced.
- @IrisMeyrick – Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in one ahead.
- These are the most — and the least — trusted news sources in the U.S.
The most trusted news source in the U.S. is The Economist — a weekly magazine published in the U.K., according to a recent survey from the University of Missouri’s Reynolds Journalism Institute.
The second-most reliable is public television, followed by Reuters and BBC. Two U.S. nonprofit outlets, NPR and PBS, came in at fifth and sixth, while the U.K.’s The Guardian clinched the seventh spot. The U.S.-based Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times and Dallas Morning News rounded out the top 10 trusted names in journalism.
- At the other extreme, Occupy Democrats — a political website with a self-claimed agenda of counterbalancing the Republican Tea Party — won the dubious honor of being the most untrustworthy in the nation. Buzzfeed, Breitbart and Infowars also scored dismally on the trust-meter.
- A couple of sports GIFs – Basketball Idiocracy and Pole Vaulting Oops