- Houston is going to have a massive mosquito problem.
- After Hurricane Katrina, many evacuees were relocated to Houston and ended up as residents, where they just had to endure Hurricane Harvey. They must feel snake bit having to go through two of the most damaging hurricanes in U.S. history. It would be really crazy if someone was old enough to survive the 1900 Galveston hurricane, Katrina, and Harvey.
- During Katrina, he welcomed flood victims into his city. Now the former mayor of Houston has become one
- I totally forgot they welcomed over 200,000 evacuees. I knew the number was high, but not that high.
- Some of those Galveston hurricane stories are haunting, but one in particular that stays with me is the one in which they decided to dump the dead out to sea only for them to wind up on shore.
- The dead bodies were so numerous that burying all of them was impossible. The dead were initially weighted down on barges and dumped at sea, but when the gulf currents washed many of the bodies back onto the beach, a new solution was needed. Funeral pyres were set up on the beaches, or wherever dead bodies were found, and burned day and night for several weeks after the storm. The authorities passed out free whiskey to sustain the distraught men conscripted for the gruesome work of collecting and burning the dead. More people were killed in this single storm than the total of those killed in all the tropical cyclones that have struck the United States since.
- I’m not trying to cast any judgment, but I’m curious how different things would be if President Trump owned a downtown Houston building or golf course.
- Two-time Emmy winner Alf Clausen has been fired from “The Simpsons” after 27 years
- In Japan, Undertakers Compete to See Who Is the Best Corpse-Dresser
- And some people mocked this plotline in the second (or was it third) season of ‘Homeland’
- Of course, they would choose the most boring male first name ever
- These Women Entrepreneurs Created A Fake Male Co-founder To Dodge Startup Sexism – Penelope Gazin and Kate Dwyer faced a lot of sexism and condescension when they launched their e-commerce marketplace for weird art–that is until they introduced an imaginary cofounder named Keith.
- Thank you, U2, for releasing your new song during my lunch break on my birthday. Here are the lyrics for those of you interested.
- Yesterday, DaughterGeeding, with a little help from her brother, made me a birthday video for a present.
- Geeding: I actually had to use the auger yesterday on the upstairs bathroom sink. I think I’ve used it for or...
- Bizarro Big Tex: I remember when the City Place development was announced. It was originally to feature two mirror...
- Ben W.: In honor of your mom, today I read some excerpts from The Portable Abraham Lincoln (a collection of his...
- Ricardo Perry: Star Trek: the motion picture tried the Voyager story. I thought it was a great idea. Unfortunately,...
- Ricardo Perry: A good mother is the first person you love and will always be the one who loves you the most. To your...
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From