Bag of Randomness for Friday, August 4, 2017
- Mel Blanc and Frank Oz – there’s a lot of childhood greatness in that picture. And in case you never heard of the time Mel Blanc was in a car accident and was in a coma for two weeks only to respond to the doctor as Bugs Bunny, here you go.
- Maybe it was the stadium lighting or it was the first game of the season and I’m not used to seeing them, but the Cowboys’ blue numbers looked like they were a bit of a darker blue. And all the blue stripes (middle of helmet, pants, sleeves) slightly wider. However, the black border on the shoulder stripes looks a bit thinner.
- I bet a lot of local youths think the phrase “keeping up with the Joneses” originated with Jerry Jones and family.
- For those of you who live in the area who want to try something a bit different for $28 – Dallas Axe Throwing (there’s even league play)
- You and your best mates will spend 2-2.5 hours becoming intimate with a 1.5lb piece of whirling wood and metal as you learn, practice and then finally square off toe to toe in a group tournament that will result in the crowning of an Axe Throwing Champion. Our Axe Throwing sessions are run by trained Axeperts who will show you how to safely handle an axe and chuck it with accuracy while giving you tips on how to capture that illustrious Bullseye!
- Every month for the summer I have a goal to keep the electricity bill under $300. I’ve been doing this for the last seven years or so, and sometimes it’s tough. I think electricity rates have fallen or I’ve changed my habits because it’s been fairly easy to accomplish this summer. And with the first week of August having lower than expected temperatures, I might be in the clear. In case you are wondering, GeedingManor is two stories and somewhere between 225 and 14,000 square feet and is located inside an old missile silo under Lewisville Lake.
- LastPass doubles premium tier prices to $24 a year, and some users aren’t thrilled
- For the most part, we are a forgiving society – Report: Disgraced former Baylor coach Dave Bliss hired by Las Vegas high school
- It’s a bold strategy: ESPNU to be rebranded ‘ESPN8: The Ocho’ on August 8
- On that day, ESPN8 will feature an array of unconventional sports programming, such as disc golf, ultimate trampoline dodgeball, championship of bags (cornhole/beanbag toss), and an esports “Street Fighter” championship. The lineup plays off the fictitious network’s tagline in the movie: “Bringing you the Finest in Seldom Seen Sports.”
- It appears Tesla cars are now being used to help U2 spy planes take off.
- For those of you in the ministry, a podcast episode you might enjoy.
- Recently a member of my congregation asked if she could interview me about pastoral ministry, calling, and Church History. I decided to record it and include it in my podcast feed.
- He has told you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justice, to love kindness,
And to walk humbly with your God?
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink