- I noticed recently I eat my fries in a particular manner, selecting what I consider the best looking ones first. But it hit me yesterday there’s no reason to eat them like this if I end up eating all of them anyway.
- Jeff Bezos dethrones Bill Gates as world’s richest person
- I really dislike the title of that article. Bill Gates literally has been trying to give that title away with all his philanthropic ventures, he wasn’t making it a competition.
- But last night I saw an updated article – Amazon’s earnings miss means Jeff Bezos is no longer world’s richest person
- I had no idea they were part of Starbucks – Starbucks to close down all Teavana locations, impacting 3,300 jobs
- August 21 – Eclipse to cause ‘biggest traffic event in Oregon history,’ ODOT says
- Just punch in your ZIP code – On Wednesday, the public health nonprofit and advocacy group Environmental Working Group released a searchable database detailing chemical and heavy metal contaminants in drinking water for all 50 states. – Article
- When it comes to the healthcare debate, sometimes I feel it’s being attacked from the wrong area. The argument seems to be on how to pay the bill instead of asking why the bill is so high. Though related, I don’t think they go hand in hand.
- If you are a ‘Game of Thrones’ fan and like to know more on how they filmed last episode’s battle scene, here you go.
- A “time and temperature” phone number may become extinct unless a new sponsor is found.
- Graphic – The number of times a Beatles song has been covered by other artists
- Here lie the remains of a Dallas skyscraper that was never built
- More than 30 years ago, when developers started the huge Cityplace project just north of downtown, they envisioned two 42-story towers as the centerpiece of the new urban center. Unfortunately, the building boom went bust before the first tower was even finished. Piled in that yard south of town is all the finely cut stone that was to cover a second Cityplace skyscraper.
- “For every piece of granite you see on the first tower, there was another one made for the second tower,” said Neal Sleeper, president of Cityplace Co.
- Our wedding reception and my first job out of college were inside Cityplace. The first two months or so working in that building were mind blowing for this country boy. I was in awe of the four underground parking garages which went ten floors and just how fancy and luxurious the building felt. It’s amazing there’s enough of that granite to build a 42-story twin and it’s just been laying around in a field.
- Bizarro Big Tex: Happy late birthday to the Love of Your Life, wifegeeding. I am in a remote region away from modern...
- Geeding: Brent’s older. 🙂
- Jason A: Is there relevance to Brent’s birthday being the first bullet point and your wife’s being next...
- AndreaJN: Happy birthday to WifeGeeding! I hope you have a day as wonderful as you are!
- Bryan B.: Looks like they left this up after the live broadcast was over. I’ve watching what I have so far....
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From