- I guess I’ve kept my family’s encyclopedia set for sentimental reasons, but they are about to get recycled. I called Half Priced Books and they will do the recycling, I think it’s too much to put in my recycling bin.
- A student recently referred to my wife as “Mrs. Geiding” which is the first time I’ve seen it misspelled that way, and to be honest, I didn’t mind it since there was no “Greed” or double “d” or an “s” at the end, at least there’s no mispronouncing it that way. But if it was spelled that way, I think my name would look funny with both my first and last name spelled with an “ei” – Keith Geiding. But with my luck, it would be doubled misspelled as “Kieth Gieding”.
- Yesterday I saw a real estate agent put a for sale sign in the front yard of the recently retired NFL lineman in the neighborhood. Here’s your chance to be my neighbor.
- I think the term “Good Samaritan” is over-used, surely not all citizens of the ancient city were good.
- A few tidbits about the new U2 tour:
- The video screen is huge and has 8K resolution.
- They use a clip from a real 1950’s television show western named ‘Trackdown’ in which a character named Trump telling the people in town that they have to build a wall in order to save themselves.
- Many thanks to longtime reader Bryan who left a comment yesterday about the changing of a credit card and his U2 tickets:
- I dealt with the replacement credit card issue for my U2 tickets today. I paid for the tickets with my debit card and it was compromised with fraudulent charges a week later and cancelled by the bank. I did a customer service chat today with Ticketmaster and they gave me an email address to send a request to for a card change. A friendly rep called me back about 3 hours later and I simply had to give him the new card number and expiration date. Much easier customer service experience than I expected from a company with as dubious a reputation as Ticketmaster.
- I hope to run into Bryan and Cowtown Doug at the concert.
- I learned that the character Mantis in the new Guardians of the Glaxy movie is half-Vietnamese and half-German. However, the actress is a product of a half-Korean mother and a French-Russian father. I’m half-Vietnamese and recently learned I come from a German background. Life can get rough for a Geeding once they turn seven.
Mom also said we have some French ancestry from her side, which didn’t make sense when I was told this as a child, but then I learned the French and Vietnamese have quite the history.
- Break out of your morning rut like this bunny did his enclosure.
- Bizarro Big Tex: Best therapy on a bum knee or ankle? Swimming Pool. Swim every day. Weight is off the offending...
- RPM: You absolutely should get everything checked out while it’s affordable. The alternative is put it off, be...
- Towski: I don’t usually root against the Big 12, but as an Oklahoma State alum, I was rooting HARD for SFA....
- Michael K: I am in the same boat as you. Just had back surgery and have made all my deductibles. I am getting...
- FH: After you drink that stuff you better stay close to a bathroom if ya know what I mean
Looking For Something?
Recent Flickr Photos
Recently Came From