Bag of Randomness for Wednesday, March 23, 2016
- DaughterGeeding is in kindergarten. One of her homework assignments this week is to memorize sections of the introduction and preamble of the Declaration of Independence, something I think that was assigned to me in the seventh grade. You know those parts, “When in the course of human events . . . . We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created, equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
- Mapping Consistently Partisan Counties – When it comes to recent presidential elections, geography — at least in some stubborn places — is destiny.
- Cruz and Trump going after each others wives is silly, but sure is entertaining. Though the group responsible for the ad featuring Trump’s wife doesn’t appear to have any connection with the Cruz campaign.
- I don’t think a new reality TV judge should be nominated until we have a new president so we can let the people decide – Sarah Palin to host reality show as TV judge – The former Alaska governor, who does not have a law degree, signed a deal with Montana-based production company Warm Springs for a reality court show that would premiere next year if it’s picked up by stations, according to Howard Bragman of Fifteen Minutes PR, which represents the production company.
- I know most of my readers aren’t a fan of President Obama and are critical of him attending a baseball game in the wake of the Brussels attack, but I side with Obama on this one for several reasons though I can see how he can appear remote and impassive, he’s called “No Drama Obama” for a reason. If the attack was domestic, he certainly should have returned back to Washington. It’s not like he didn’t care when he heard the news and I think he’s correct in saying we can’t let terrorists disrupt our daily lives and quoting David Ortiz that terrorists can’t dictate our freedom. And finally, it’s not like he stayed the whole game, he just stayed for three innings.
- Baylor student pulls gun during armed robbery during armed robbery – A Baylor student pulled his own gun and foiled an armed robbery attempt after meeting with two men late Tuesday afternoon in a South Waco park to complete a Craigslist deal to sell a cellphone, a PlayStation and an iPad, police said.
- GIF – Some of you may wince at this – Cracking knuckles under a fluoroscope
- Amazon’s new NFL reality series follows one team for an entire season – First up: the 2015 Arizona Cardinals
- The Disturbing Events That Inspired the Red Wedding in ‘Game of Thrones’
- Buzzfeed – This Invention Will Make Peeing While Wearing A Wedding Dress Way Easier
- Buzzfeed – Police Had To Break Up A Fight Between Two Bald Eagles Because America
- 7-Eleven is debuting a Slurpee donut – The Wild Cherry Slurpee Donut is a cake donut with wild cherry-flavored icing, covered in sugar crystals that Brand Eating theorizes are intended to give the treat an “ice-like crunch.”
- Craig Sager says doctor gave him diagnosis of 3-6 months to live – In an interview that will air Tuesday [yesterday], Sager revealed that doctors told him last month the cancer had returned, and gave him “3–6 months” diagnosis to live.
- When Brad Stevens left Butler to coach the Celtics I thought he might be in over his head, but I’m glad I appear to be wrong.
- I hear good things about The Royale Magnificent Burgers in Plano. My Canadian readers will be happy to hear they serve poutine.
- Alabama teachers may soon receive training on not having sex with students
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink