More Bag of Random Disney Trip Stuff
- While standing in line for an Animal Kingdom ride wearing this outfit, someone approached me and asked a question about the ride. I kindly told the lady I didn’t have an answer, and she looked at me puzzled and asked how I couldn’t know anything about it. After a long pause, she realized I wasn’t a Cast Member and laughingly apologized.
- Yeah, the hat looks a bit goofy on me, but my father had skin cancer on his forehead and ears, and this hat helps cover both from the sun. And besides, I’m a dad at Disney World, I’m supposed to look uncool and out of place.
- WifeGeeding forced us to go up the Swiss Family Robinson Tree. I guess if I had to do it as a child and find it was a beating, our kids should have to do it as well.
- Lunch was at Be Our Guest, where I had an impromptu dance with WifeGeeding.
- While at lunch, BoyGeeding was eating his dessert, stopped, and ask his sister if she would like to have some of his dessert. WifeGeeding and I were touched, and I told him I was proud of him for sharing, and then he said, “Well, I don’t like it, it tastes weird.”
- After lunch, we all took a group picture.
Some of the folks in Baylor gear went back to the hotel to watch the game against Tech. I jokingly asked who were they playing, Midland or Odessa? They didn’t seem too amused and I think one of them didn’t believe me when I told them they had Incarnet Word on their schedule next year. As for me, I put my phone on airplane mode for almost the entire day just to avoid any online temptation and to see if I would miss it. Keeping it in airplane mode also allowed me to have the camera option at the ready for any pics. I’m not sure if I’ll keep offline tomorrow though.
- While walking around the castle, I caught a construction worker applying duck tape to a castle wall while Mickey was putting on a performance along with Minnie, Sleeping Beauty, and Snow White.
- Here’s a shot of some of the construction with Micky, Minnie, and Maleficent in the background.
- Here’s a better shot of the performance with more characters on stage.
- The Geeding family had Fast Passes to Animale Kingdom’s Kilimanjaro Safaris, but out of the blue, WifeGeeding’s father wanted to tag along, but he didn’t have a Fast Pass. When we got to the line, we told the Cast Member this wasn’t planned and a last minute sort of thing, and they allowed him to tag along. He’s a big outdoorsman so I knew he was going to enjoy it, and I think it’s the only ride he’s been on. At least it was his first with our kids. But even with his grandfather included, BoyGeeding still doesn’t like to be in pictures.
- However, when BoyGeeding is tired, he’s the type that can sleep anywhere and almost impossible to wake up. And when he’s sleeping, we can get all the pics we want.
- But he was more than happy to wake up to meet Micky and Minnie. We actually have better pictures of the event and other things with pictures taken by Disney photographers which is in our phone app with a bunch of watermarks.
- The rest of the day was spent at EPCOT meeting up with family and grabbing some grub. I finally got to ride Mission Space, which was almost ready when WifeGeeding and I honeymooned here twelve years ago. While fun and entertaining, it wasn’t as intense as I thought it was going to be.
- With the Disney wristband that serves as our roomkey, park tickets, and payment system, I left my wallet in the hotel safe. It feels so weird walking out the door and not checking to make sure I didn’t forget my wallet or keys.
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink