Bag of Randomness for Wednesday, October 14, 2015
- I took DaughterGeeding to Putt-Putt on her day off of school. It must be a good decade since I’ve been to one. To my surprise, tokens are no longer used. Instead, you get a plastic card that works for go-karts, batting cages, games, and whatever else you can think of.
- Sometimes I’ll try to write something with humor and someone will not understand it and take offense. But I have to admit, most of the time, I’m usually the one that doesn’t get the humor, especially in the written text. If a sarcasm or humor font or punctuation ever becomes part of society, it will be because of people like me.
- The most overused joke I heard yesterday regarding Playboy no longer featuring nude women – The next thing you know, MTV will stop playing videos.
- I have an old laptop gathering dust because the motherboard died, but yesterday I was able to take the screen from the laptop and make a second monitor out of it. All I had to do was order a $23 kit off eBay and follow these instructions.
- Amazon still sells Z Cavaricci clothing, but not as you remember it.
- I briefly switched to the Democratic debate on CNN last night. I really liked Anderson Cooper’s purple tie and dark suit.
- I think last night’s episode of ‘Drunk History’ covered Apollo 13 with Colin Hanks portraying Jim Lovell, who Tom Hanks portrayed in the movie. I only caught the end credits before the start of the ‘Daily Show’ and that’s what it looked like.
- Esquire has named Emilia Clarke the sexiest woman of the year. Oddly, I don’t find her all that sexy outside of ‘Game of Thrones’.
- Washington Post article – At Texas A&M, the state’s largest public university, for instance, candles, toasters and Nerf guns are expressly forbidden from students’ dorm rooms — but real handguns will be allowed with a permit.
- It states this will be the last Republican debate – University of Houston to host NBC News’ 2016 Republican presidential debate – I think Rick Perry now lives in Houston
- If cute dogs make your day, then you should check out this groomer’s Instagram.
- Buzzfeed – 23 Chilling Facts About Disney’s Haunted Mansion
- Buzzfeed – A Charity Set Up A Fake Homeless Shelter In Toronto And Locals Freaked Out – “You’re ruining a perfect neighbourhood.”
- Today’s dose of ‘MURICA!
- Today’s second dose of ‘MURICA! – How the US Air Force reloads the largest combat jet gun on the planet
- Our area is getting another IKEA that will open in the fall of 2017, but this one will be in Grand Prairie which should make my friend Andy’s wife pretty happy. Smart idea by the company to have the two se well spread out.
- UK news – Church staff ‘hysterical’ as broken bell rings non-stop for 24 hours
- AT&T customer politely e-mails CEO, gets terse reply from AT&T lawyer
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink