Bag of Randomness for Tuesday, October 27, 2015
- I get a weekly email from CareerBuilder telling me of jobs I might be interested in. There was one job in which the name of the company was misspelled and other than applying, there was no contact information. Despite not having any interest in it or even being sure if I was qualified, I applied for the sole reason of telling them of the typo or spelling error. The job was for a quality assurance position, so maybe they could appreciate my pointing it out.
- A picture of DaughterGeeding breaking a board into three pieces by a kick that helped her earn a green belt yesterday.
- Wall Street Journal – Cash-Strapped Missionaries Get a New Calling: Home –
Years of overspending to support Southern Baptist missionary work has led to budget crunch
- Down Syndrome & Switched at Birth: ABC Family’s “New Kind of Family” Hits Home
- What Americans Fear Most, According to Their Google Search Histories
- Imgur – 10 photos of Carrie Fisher promoting “Return of the Jedi” at a Rolling Stone Magazine beach shoot, 1983
- With a little over a year to go, here’s proof a lot can still happen:
- CBS News October 25, 2011 – Herman Cain tops Mitt Romney in latest CBS/NYT poll
- CNN November 5, 2007 – In the Republican presidential race, Giuliani continues to be the leading candidate, with the backing of 28 percent of the Republican primary voters polled. Former Sen. Fred Thompson of Tennessee was backed by 19 percent. Sen. John McCain of Arizona was the top pick of 16 percent, and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney had 11 percent.
- CBS News October 2, 2003 – Wesley Clark receives the most support for the Democratic nomination, closely followed by Richard Gephardt, Joe Lieberman, Howard Dean and John Kerry.
- Today’s dose of ‘MURICA!
- REI will urge Black Friday shoppers to go outside instead October 26 – The front doors of REI stores are staying locked on the biggest shopping day of the year. “We think that Black Friday has gotten out of hand,” said Jerry Stritzke, CEO of the chain that specializes in outdoor and fitness gear.
- We missed ‘Fargo’ last night, there was just too much going on. 🙁
- However, I did catch ‘Supergirl’ and thought it was a fun show. I liked how Dean Cain played her father and her mother was Helen Slater, who played the character in the 1984 film. The casting of David Harewood who played a stingy government official in the show as well as one in ‘Homeland’.
- Matthew McConaughey will host ‘SNL’ on November 21 with Adele as the musical guest, and I expect it to be the best show of the season.
- Indiana Jones Producer: Harrison Ford Won’t Be Replaced as Indy
This entry was posted in Personal
. Bookmark the permalink